[REMOVE ADS]

Hot Tracks mix of "Nobody Makes Me Crazy Like You Do" [[1984)

The Hot Tracks remix of "Nobody Makes Me Crazy Like You Do" [[as discussed in the "Your Least Favorite Diana Ross albums" thread) is actually on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    The Hot Tracks remix of "Nobody Makes Me Crazy Like You Do" [[as discussed in the "Your Least Favorite Diana Ross albums" thread) is actually on YouTube.

I don't like the song at all but this version is not as bad as it could have been.
    Thanks for posting.

this is probably almost a divisive of a song as Fool For Your Love

Blue - it should come as no surprise to you that i actually sort of enjoy it!! lololol i look at it totally as something from the era. it's odd 80s pop. weird synth heavy. i don't imagine anyone legitimately seeing this as an artistic coup for her or something even as a single. but it's a fun album track IMO

thanks ! this DR song, written by Robbie Benson btw

made me think of Pussyfoot's and now I got to view this unbeknownst video
    from 1978:

One of my favorites from Swept Away. It was fun and a bit kitschy. I enjoy this remix quite a bit.

as a dj I have a obsession with instrumental tracks..wish I had one of this..

the whole track has the vibe of Stacey Q's "Two Of Hearts" [[anyone remember her ?)
    Last edited by nomis; 12-22-2020 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    this is probably almost a divisive of a song as Fool For Your Love

Blue - it should come as no surprise to you that i actually sort of enjoy it!! lololol i look at it totally as something from the era. it's odd 80s pop. weird synth heavy. i don't imagine anyone legitimately seeing this as an artistic coup for her or something even as a single. but it's a fun album track IMO
    I love 80s pop [[and 80s R&B) because I was a kid during the era and a lot of the sounds just remind me of fun, happy times. In fact I probably listen to more 80s music than anything else these days. But my goodness, this song is so not a good fit for Diana. This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to get in a time machine and pop her upside the head in the hopes that her soul is shaken loose and she returns to the music that made her popular. This shit aint it. I am in no way opposed to her updating her sound, or even trying a few different things, but she needed to know her limit. Say what you want about "Fool For Your Love" but she ripped into that song. I love it, probably because that rock edge shouldn't come as a surprise if you pay attention to some of her more forceful vocals up to that point. "Nobody Makes Me Crazy" sounds like something Latoya Jackson might have been a good fit for, not someone with the vocal abilities of a Diana Ross.

With that being said, I can see how someone might like it if they're really into that 80s synth style. That's the one part of the 80s that I'm not real big on, although there are a couple favs I have that would be part of the 80s synth subgenre.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    the whole track has the vibe of Stacey Q's "Two Of Hearts" [[anyone remember her ?)
    Yup, I remember her. I'll listen to that song once every blue moon, usually because out of nowhere it will ring out in my mind for some reason.