[REMOVE ADS]

Is this diana photo as rare as this article says it is?

this is a picture of Diana Ross getting down in the most joyous way at Studio 54 in 1979. It supposed to be one of the 31 Rare Pictures Of Famous Women In Music that we have probably never seen.

is the picture really rare? I like some of the other "rare" pictures of the other singers - especially the one of Aretha eating a hamburger

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kaylayandol...women-in-music

I think I've seen this picture before.

I've seen this photo many times.

Let's see the picture of Aretha eating a hamburger!

Rare it is not. This particular picture has been circulating since the day it was taken in the late 70’s. I feel a little sorry for the guy standing in the background wearing those awful shorts. I’m quite sure he doesn’t need a constant reminder.
    As much as I would like to, i have never seen Aretha eating that hamburger.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 12-09-2020 at 07:28 AM.

No, no no. I have seen this pic regularly over the past 40 years, but i have yet to see Aretha consuming a hamburger, but i have little difficulty in believing she consumed them on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    No, no no. I have seen this pic regularly over the past 40 years, but i have yet to see Aretha consuming a hamburger, but i have little difficulty in believing she consumed them on a regular basis.
    Here's that hamburger pic.

And the other "rare" photos are here

The Aretha photo isn't all that rare, either. I've seen it many times. Just a shot of her eating a burger during a recording break.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I’m sure your right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Here's that hamburger pic.

And the other "rare" photos are here

Many thanks for posting milven. A charming photo, but probably not one for the family album.

Well... these photos aren't rare anymore. They're readily available on SDF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Many thanks for posting milven. A charming photo, but probably not one for the family album.
    She looks like she was enjoying that!

LOL!!! Aretha chomping down a cheeseburger!!!!

I'm surprised a couple of people in that shot got admitted into the attire persnickety Studio 54 where supposedly you were more likely to get turned away than get in.

Diana Ross herself is breaking club protocol. Open toed shoes on the dance floor was a big no no.
    I recall the word of the night one evening was that Joan Baez had just been turned away at the door of Alfie's in SF when she showed up in such shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I'm surprised a couple of people in that shot got admitted into the attire persnickety Studio 54 where supposedly you were more likely to get turned away than get in.

Diana Ross herself is breaking club protocol. Open toed shoes on the dance floor was a big no no.
    I recall the word of the night one evening was that Joan Baez had just been turned away at the door of Alfie's in SF when she showed up in such shoes.
    Lol. Who was gonna tell Diana?!

Lay offa Aretha, she's STARVING!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMitjMTi__4

The owner of studio 54 was a fan of Diana's so I am sure he would let her in regardless.

Name:  Diana-Ross-Richard-Gere-Studio-54.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  50.9 KB
    I remember that night and outfit Richard Gere was her date. This must have been around the time the Bodyguard was being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post

The guy in the shorts looks like he’s just wandered in from the beach. Perhaps he’s a name in the industry lol. The other two chaps are dressed a little square for a club.
    Why on earth were opened toe shoes such an issue I wonder?. Perhaps Health & Safety regulations or maybe to discourage foot fetish enthusiasts getting a little to carried away. It does seem rather odd.