[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree, Crimes of Passion had hit written all over it. It's a bit muddy, and could have been remastered, I think. But it had great parts to it.

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    I agree, Crimes of Passion had hit written all over it. It's a bit muddy, and could have been remastered, I think. But it had great parts to it.
    The songs ok, but I can hardly understand a word she is singing. I can’t help thinking this may have held it back a ‘tad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The songs ok, but I can hardly understand a word she is singing. I can’t help thinking this may have held it back a ‘tad.
    that was a problem with much of the album. the way her vocals were produced. we all know Diana Ross knows how to enunciate. but when the vocal track is so enveloped in echo and mixed so far back it's a struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    that was a problem with much of the album. the way her vocals were produced. we all know Diana Ross knows how to enunciate. but when the vocal track is so enveloped in echo and mixed so far back it's a struggle.
    I know you don’t care much for the EA album sup, but on occasion it’s much to do with the approach. This is what I recommend....
    1. Spread a generous helping of duck foie gras onto some well cooked toast.
    2. Pour yourself a generous glass of Merlot.
    3. Set your music system to skip the first EA track.
    4. Sit back in your favourite armchair and let the music gently wash over you.
    You will be astonished at how different it now sounds.

I know you don’t care much for the EA album sup, but on occasion it’s much to do with the approach. This is what I recommend....
    haha - i do agree with you that many of the songs had strong potential. and even the dated 80s sound doesn't put me off. happy to listen to an album from a different time and era and appreciate it in that context.

I don't know if any of the songs are as magical as things Barry did earlier or things Diana recorded earlier. but i agree. the majority of the problems are in the execution

Ha ha. I will have to try that ploy with Why do fools and Silk Electric! Will your suggestion work for that pair of clunkers Ollie?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Ha ha. I will have to try that ploy with Why do fools and Silk Electric! Will your suggestion work for that pair of clunkers Ollie?
    I think it might require something a little more radical then a smidge of duck pate and a glass of red lol.

I think it might require something a little more radical then a smidge of duck pate and a glass of red lol.
    I am thinking two crates of red each containing 12 bottles as a starter, and then maybe raid a Brewery for the main course.
    I would like to think all that alcohol would dull the senses sufficiently to make the music sound at least half listenable! Lol.