[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... hasn't yet been recorded!
    I agree. I can’t list any. There is something that I love on all of her albums.

cant believe how many thumbs down for Eaten Alive - i iove that album ones i didnt -

Baby its Me
    I Love You
    greatest hits live

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    cant believe how many thumbs down for Eaten Alive - i iove that album ones i didnt -

Baby its Me
    I Love You
    greatest hits live
    I like Eaten Alive too, but i am very surprised you dislike Baby it's Me. It's in my top 3 Ross albums, but i find it most interesting when fellow fans dislike something that i love.
    If you don't mind my asking what is it you dislike about Baby it's Me?

Hi Bluebrock..for me all the tracks are missing that certain indefinable ross quality to me either the chorus hooks the lyrics and music all are missing that something that makes a hit diana song all parts are there.. for me there is no dynamite or tender vulnrability..it as a whole dosent stand up to whats shes done before then straight away after - The Boss ive never had any connection with anything on baby its me..by the way Bluebrock i find your posts and information fascinating that you share on this forum...much respect

Hi Bluebrock..for me all the tracks are missing that certain indefinable ross quality to me either the chorus hooks the lyrics and music all are missing that something that makes a hit diana song all parts are there.. for me there is no dynamite or tender vulnrability..it as a whole dosent stand up to whats shes done before then straight away after - The Boss ive never had any connection with anything on baby its me..by the way Bluebrock i find your posts and information fascinating that you share on this forum...much respect
    Interesting. I would say "Too Shy To Say" is the very height of Ross's "tender vulnerability." I appreciate that we can all hear something different when she sings.

"we are the children of the world.."..i..i...just cant..havent heard it in decades and never want to what was she thinking ??? and she even made a promo video for it !!..I love most of "Swept Away" but that i cant even call it a song is dire im getting cold sweats even thinking of it...oh my word

Baby, It's Me is a favorite Ross album but I remember a review upon its release [[Rolling Stone, I believe, so who cares[[?!)) that called it "anemic". Lol. I loved the album, but I could understand the reviewer's opinion. I think it was because the album was a step even further towards Pop, with an outside producer.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    Baby, It's Me is a favorite Ross album but I remember a review upon its release [[Rolling Stone, I believe, so who cares[[?!)) that called it "anemic". Lol. I loved the album, but I could understand the reviewer's opinion. I think it was because the album was a step even further towards Pop, with an outside producer.
    as an album by itself, it's quite strong. within the overall Ross discography, it stands up well as a cohesive work with excellent vocals

but as an album released in fall of 77, it is anemic. within just a month or two, Saturday Night Fever was released and the music there was so powerful. But remember - 2 SNF tracks were repeats from earlier Bee Gee efforts. Jive Talking and You Should Be Dancing. And look at the amazing work Donna was putting out. BIM was either 2 years too late or 4 years too early. it would have worked beautifully in either 75 or 81. and frankly i don't think you would have had to change 1 thing for the album to work in either of those years. not updates, revisions or anything

also i will say that the EE of BIM and the modern mixes were really amazing. especially the string intro on Getting Ready For Love. talk about adding some excitement to a recording!!!! perhaps if more of the instrumentals were left intact, there would have been a bit more power to the album in 77

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    also i will say that the EE of BIM and the modern mixes were really amazing. especially the string intro on Getting Ready For Love. talk about adding some excitement to a recording!!!! perhaps if more of the instrumentals were left intact, there would have been a bit more power to the album in 77
    BABY IT'S ME has been one of my favorite Diana albums since the day I bought it in 1977.

I will say though that the remix of GETTIN' READY FOR LOVE that was first heard on her 1983 ANTHOLOGY was a great improvement on the original release.

Thank you for your kinds words and thank you for your honest and personal appraisal of Baby it's me. I love to hear other people's points of view and to learn why they have totally different opinions to my own. Of course we all believe our own opinions to be superior to other differing opinions. I strongly disagree with your opinion on Baby it's me, but i find your reasons most interesting, especially because Diana herself had no real love for this project, but it was not because of the quality of material given to her. It was more to do with the recording of the album.

"we are the children of the world.."..i..i...just cant..havent heard it in decades and never want to what was she thinking ??? and she even made a promo video for it !!..I love most of "Swept Away" but that i cant even call it a song is dire im getting cold sweats even thinking of it...oh my word
    It's truly awful i agree, but it would be interesting to hear if it is a favorite of anyone on here?

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    BABY IT'S ME has been one of my favorite Diana albums since the day I bought it in 1977.

I will say though that the remix of GETTIN' READY FOR LOVE that was first heard on her 1983 ANTHOLOGY was a great improvement on the original release.
    Totally agree on both counts. I never tire of hearing it, and i think it contains some of Diana's most memorable vocal performances. She is quite mesmerising on some of those songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It's truly awful i agree, but it would be interesting to hear if it is a favorite of anyone on here?
    WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD is probably the only song on the SWEPT AWAY album that I truly dislike. But maybe I should listen again.

I saw the little promo that was done for it and was surprised that the tv program EVENING MAGAZINE [[or PM MAGAZINE, depending on your location) devoted time to it. But it was cute watching her play "Duck Duck Goose" with the kids.

i think if the horrid children's chorus had been left off of We Are The Children, it would have fared better. not a great or magical song. but it has a very energetic backing track and Diana really commits herself to the lyrics. she sings with far more energy and passion than on some other tunes. It does come off a bit "soundtrack-ish" like you could hear it as the a fast-paced montage track in some silly 80s flick or the race music in some movie where the underdog is pushing and pushing to win the race against the prototype bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD is probably the only song on the SWEPT AWAY album that I truly dislike. But maybe I should listen again.

I saw the little promo that was done for it and was surprised that the tv program EVENING MAGAZINE [[or PM MAGAZINE, depending on your location) devoted time to it. But it was cute watching her play "Duck Duck Goose" with the kids.
    Nobody makes me crazy [[like you do) is another dismal track from Swept Away, but the rest of the album still stands up quite well.

I love "Nobody makes me crazy " ! Lol..I saw many years ago in UKs "record collector" monthly magazine a very very rare "12 inch vinyl promo on green vinyl of dj remixes..never seen a copy of this listed anywhere else i love its driving synth drum style and her interesting vocal

I love "Nobody makes me crazy " ! Lol..I saw many years ago in UKs "record collector" monthly magazine a very very rare "12 inch vinyl promo on green vinyl of dj remixes..never seen a copy of this listed anywhere else i love its driving synth drum style and her interesting vocal

WOW !!!!

what does this remind me A LOT of ??

nope can't think of it .....

Wow, didn't know that. Is this the one?
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Seri...elease/1816456

Apparently, it is a mix of 8:21 minutes!

Name:  Nobody Make Me Crazy.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  85.6 KB