Paul Stuart on Facebook.....

A newly unearthed live performance from Kim Weston is to be released in the coming weeks! Produced with Kim’s input, 100% of the money made from ‘Kim Weston live in Detroit 1978’ will be going straight to the lady herself, in time for her 81st birthday and in a year where all her performances have been cancelled.

Watch this space for more information and join KIM WESTON APPRECIATION GROUP [[Facebook) to ensure you don’t miss it!

Kim Weston ‘Live in Detroit 1978' E.P.
PRESS RELEASE
A decade on from her time at Motown records, this newly unearthed recording of Kim Weston live from Detroit’s Paradise Theatre demonstrates just why she is so highly revered as one of the greatest vocalists the city [[and arguably, the world) has ever produced.
Here we hear Kim continuing to show us the jazzier sound that she adopted after leaving Motown, with tributes to the great Dinah Washington, as well as performances of two of her mid 1970’s releases: ‘Nobody Had to Tell Me’ which was released with The Hastings Street Jazz Orchestra in 1976 and her own composition, ‘Detroit [[That’s My Home Town)’, released as a single on her own RAHKIM label in 1975.
This 1978 Easter Day performance comes from a time where Kim’s focus was on giving back to her community. Two years prior, Detroit Mayor Coleman Young had declared July 18th 1976 as “Kim Weston Day” in honour of her voluntary work and countless appearances at benefit concerts in the city. “I’m called the benefit queen!” jokes Kim after her first number on this set, before thanking the promoters for a paying gig. “I’m only serious” she laughs, but it is true that, like many unsung heroes of black music, Kim has never been particularly well paid for her incredible talents. Her records, which continue to sell, don’t benefit Kim financially, so is the reason that 100% of the money taken in from sales of this new live E.P. will benefit Kim directly.
The E.P. will be available to order on CD from 1st December 2020 at £7.99 / $9.99 plus P+P. The CD will come with the download code for a free digital copy in an effort to please both collectors and the more modern music fan.
Payments will be made to myself and I will be transferring the takings to Kim after we have sold some CD’s! I will make the payment details available on here from next week.
I will also post some images and similar things between now and then so watch this space!
Here is the front cover, featuring a painting by my friend here in the UK, Chris Gleeson. I am proud to say that I own the original and that Chris has been very kind to let us use the image.
Who’s looking forward to receiving their copy??!! 😀
Kim is very excited!

Name:  2020-11-23-kim-weston.jpg
Views: 1406
Size:  9.6 KB