[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    That is correct. I used to buy early 70's current Supremes, Ross, Temptations and other Motown artists at a Spartan discount store on Michigan Ave with my allowance. I'd ride my bike there every Sat. and buy 3 albums that I hid behind a not so popular artist the previous Sat. The price was $.99 and had the typical cut-out in the corner.
    Oh my gosh, I have such great memories just like that. Only with me it was the Arlans discount store on 8 Mile Rd. and telegraph Road. The albums in the cut out bins were usually 88 cents, and I bought all the early Motown titles there, the first albums by the miracles and the Marvelettes and most of the others. Every once in a while the albums were three for a dollar! I always wonder what I left behind, although I know I bought as much as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Oh my gosh, I have such great memories just like that. Only with me it was the Arlans discount store on 8 Mile Rd. and telegraph Road. The albums in the cut out bins were usually 88 cents, and I bought all the early Motown titles there, the first albums by the miracles and the Marvelettes and most of the others. Every once in a while the albums were three for a dollar! I always wonder what I left behind, although I know I bought as much as I could!
    I bought many of my favorite Motown albums in the $1.99 cutout bins of Bradlee's, Woolworth's, and Zayre's. Once I even lucked out and found SOPHISTICATED SOUL by the Marvelettes for $.99 and WATCHOUT! by the Vandellas for $.69.