Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
That just leaves us with a Michael Parkinson Bluebrock. I remember reading that prior to the interview he had been briefed not to mention Flo’s death. He decided to ignore it and asked her anyway. He again has a reputation of being a very decent guy. I for one really enjoyed his interview with Diana and am kind of glad he did what he did.
I remember reading in the newspapers the next day that she thought he had been mean to her. It certainly didn't come across during the interview.
I remember watching the Parkinson interview. It was a few years prior to me coming on board, and like yourself i heard she was less than thrilled regarding his questions about Flo's passing. She even said in a later interview with The News of the World that she wanted to go back on the show to clarify some points. That never happened and i honestly do not know what her issue was. Parkinson was a thoroughly decent guy who had interviewed all the greats.
Fast forward a few years and Diana found herself face to face with Michael Parkinson at a charity function in London. It may have been the Pride of Britain Awards. Parkinson came over to Diana's table and re-introduced himself to her. It was all very cordial and Diana was charm personified. They spoke for several minutes and hugged each other warmly. Whatever friction there may have been in the past there was little doubt in my mind that it was very firmly in the past. It was a lovely evening and everyone was in good spirits. That's all i can really tell you.