Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
Well said, Peace. I agree with your well stated review of DSB's new album. It is quite amazing [[I didn't expect anything less) and it does make me sad that this is her swan song. Her voice continues to be in incredible shape and defies her age. The orchestral arrangements are equally beautiful. I also have never cared for "Always On My Mind", because as you said, it's been so overplayed and overdone. However, she did this song supreme justice, as only she could. I hope she will continue to sing and record for as long as she can. It is a blessing to have this new album from her in these challenging times. Bravo!
Carlo - yes, I also agree that this album at this time is perfect. I admire your faith! I feared that Bassey would possibly sound good but ... bored, or removed, from the material, and that the instrumentation would have been done on-the-cheap. Any other heritage performers you'd like to see a similar lp from? I'd like something from Cher other than another ABBA covers lp, and also something less gospel and political from Mavis. 'Mavis and Strings'? On board for that!