I just wanted to take a moment to throw some appreciation to not only one of my favorite Supremes albums, but one of my favorite of Motown's "themed" albums, Sing Rodgers & Hart. It's truly one of the group's greatest and most masterful efforts and so many of the tracks from the sessions showcase the group's harmony. Florence has never sounded better, Diana's readings are quite tasteful and delicious, and Mary delivers a wonderful lead vocal.

In 2002 we finally got treated to a complete release of the full R&H sessions that were unfortunately paired down to a single album upon its original release. There are just a couple of things I would like to have seen, and that is maybe some alternate mixes to bring up Flo and Mary a little more, and maybe some extended fades. I know R&H has been reissued in different forms over the years, but largely the mixes have remained the same. I recently came across this version of "Lover," which is one of my favorite tracks on the albums, and the fade is extended by an additional 15 seconds, revealing further delicious interplay between Flo/Mary and Diana.

My question is two-fold: does anyone happen to know on which release or compilation this may have been included on, and are there any other alternate/extended mixes of these sessions that were not included on the Complete Recordings release?

And as a bonus, let's also talk about their brilliant performance of "Falling in Love with Love" with Bobby Darin. Listen to them soar - particularly Florence - on "such a juvenile fancy." The girls were really at their peak at this time!