[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How could I forget...

Mary Wilson [[1979)

As much as many tend to talk-down this album, this one is very much on my wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    How could I forget...

Mary Wilson [[1979)

As much as many tend to talk-down this album, this one is very much on my wishlist
    It is unlikely to happen. The rights to this album were obtained back in 2015 but the company in question decided against releasing it. Another company considered it back in 2017 but they too did not proceed any further.
    Companies will rarely take a chance on an album that is likely to sell less than 2000 copies worldwide. This particular album is not renowned for it's quality, and it is hard to imagine anyone other than a few hundred fanatical fans purchasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It is unlikely to happen. The rights to this album were obtained back in 2015 but the company in question decided against releasing it. Another company considered it back in 2017 but they too did not proceed any further.
    Companies will rarely take a chance on an album that is likely to sell less than 2000 copies worldwide. This particular album is not renowned for it's quality, and it is hard to imagine anyone other than a few hundred fanatical fans purchasing it.
    Interesting; I've always wondered what the general break-point was for the number of copies sold needed to green-light a re-issue project.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Interesting; I've always wondered what the general break-point was for the number of copies sold needed to green-light a re-issue project.
    Many releases from the last few years failed to reach the 1000 mark worldwide. Record companies are not interested in such low figures. These releases barely end up breaking even. This is why i implore fans to try and support the products that do get released. They are becoming less frequent as sales continue to under perform.
    There is a reasonable roster of releases on the schedule for next year, but whether they ever see the light of day is not guaranteed in these uncertain times.
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 11-02-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post

Why not put it up on streaming/download?

Sony have been doing that recently. Take Bobby Lester's self titled solo album from 1970, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Why not put it up on streaming/download?

Sony have been doing that recently. Take Bobby Lester's self titled solo album from 1970, for example.

That would be a decision for the record company if they were approached by one of the reissue labels but they don't seem too keen at the moment.