Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
And she's been short of money a lot of times. You need to hang on to what works and she had to use The Supremes and more so, Diana Ross.

I wonder what happens to all of these heritage artists as the pandemic wears on. The big names can come back as long as they aren't too old but what happens to artists like Mary Wilson who will be 77 before there is any hope of a return to any semblance of normalcy in the concert business.
Of course we'll wish Mary and all the others well. Mary is a decade past her ability to obtain Social Security and Medicare so she should be able to have a happy life in the way that any other person of her age should. There are those who think that anyone who had a brush with stardom is entitled to an ... well, entitled ... retirement, and I for one agree that all the singers we love should have a better share of royalties. But I don't at all agree that someone should have a 'better' life simply because they were on tv and/or radio 50 years ago. Lesson: every one of us needs to prepare for their own future.