CSAM is an excellent song and am so glad it was a single. but throughout the course of the Sups recording there are LOTS of great songs that COULD have been singles but maybe another song was hot and it just didn't quite make it out there [[Going Down 3rd Time for instance).

So Baby Love was release Sept 17, 64. By 10/3, it was already on the charts and hit #1 on 10/31.

motown rushed released CSAM due to the Nella Dodds situation. BL was #1 for 4 weeks and just started to descend in early Dec.

So the question is, if the Nella Dodds competition wasn't ever there, would CSAM still have been released as a single, just later than when it was released?

or by early Dec had some even stronger, hotter tracks been recorded and motown would have issued a new single NOT off of the WDOLG album. some contenders could have been:

Back In My Arms - this was completed 12/1. certainly could have been rushed out as a single in early Dec

The Only Time I'm Happy

Any girl in love

Who could even doubt my love

it's all your fault

oooweee baby [[although this is a Smokey recording so doubt it would have gotten the green light over an HDH)