[REMOVE ADS]

Angela BOFILL?!???

Here we go again, y’all...I’ve yet to hear this from a reputable source, but can anyone confirm what happened this morning? Tributes are pouring in on my Instagram feed...
    Last edited by sansradio; 10-24-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Hey, jack020, thanks. I saw this, but I’ve never heard of the site. I’m surprised soultracks.com isn’t on the case.

Apparently not....

Angela Bofill
    about an hour ago
    My Manager Rich Engel just informed me that I died. Thank you everyone for reaching out, but I am very much on the right side of the grass

Oh, my Lord! Thank God! *sigh of relief*

Maysa Leak of Incognito fame posted this.

Name:  BC631877-DF31-4C0C-8463-F34F648D1728.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  9.9 KB

"Thank you Lord!! Miss Angie had me cracking up on the phone just now. She said, 'Let them keep the rumor going so I can sell thousands of records!' Our Queen is just fine...Let's make this ANGELA BOFILL DAY!! And let's download or stream her music all day...We love you, Miss Angela!!!!"
    Last edited by sansradio; 10-24-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Maysa Leak of Incognito fame posted this.

Name:  BC631877-DF31-4C0C-8463-F34F648D1728.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  9.9 KB

"Thank you Lord!! Miss Angie had me cracking up on the phone just now. She said, 'Let them keep the rumor going so I can sell thousands of records!' Our Queen is just fine...Let's make this ANGELA BOFILL DAY!! And let's download or stream her music all day...We love you, Miss Angela!!!!"
    Yes we do love Miss Angela!
    One of my all time favorite female vocalists whose music has given me so much pleasure over the past 40 years. Thank heavens she is still with us and let us hope she will remain so for many years to come!

This is a fine example of why I always distrust "news" posts based on rumour or " Anybody
    heard?..." and no reliable source link. I think people who create these hoaxes could benefit
    from a good old fashioned ass whuppin' too....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    This is a fine example of why I always distrust "news" posts based on rumour or " Anybody
    heard?..." and no reliable source link. I think people who create these hoaxes could benefit
    Amen. Brought a friend of mine to tears. Folk have nothing better to do. Horrible karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes we do love Miss Angela!
    One of my all time favorite female vocalists whose music has given me so much pleasure over the past 40 years. Thank heavens she is still with us and let us hope she will remain so for many years to come!
    I'll drink to that! She's the epitome of a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I'll drink to that! She's the epitome of a treasure.
    I recall hearing that voice singing This time i'll be sweeter all those years ago. I have loved her ever since. I own all her albums and i really do think she had what it takes to become a superstar but it never quite happened. Clive Davis had faith in her talents, but he wanted to push her more into the r&b market whereas Angie felt more comfortable in the smooth jazz market. Her final Arista albums did take a dip in quality, but her earlier ones and subsequent albums following her departure from Arista were very good.
    Lovely performer and so underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post

the rush to post these rumors of someone's death. I hope to never see ones for Diana or Berry or Stevie or Smokie or Gladys or Lionel or .....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I recall hearing that voice singing This time i'll be sweeter all those years ago. I have loved her ever since. I own all her albums and i really do think she had what it takes to become a superstar but it never quite happened. Clive Davis had faith in her talents, but he wanted to push her more into the r&b market whereas Angie felt more comfortable in the smooth jazz market. Her final Arista albums did take a dip in quality, but her earlier ones and subsequent albums following her departure from Arista were very good.
    Lovely performer and so underrated.
    Indeed. Her classically-trained, "legit" tone and colors were so startling and fresh to my 8-year-old ears when TTIBS hit our local airwaves...at once tender, aching and soaring. I eagerly collected all her studio releases as I got older. I only wish she had done a full-length Spanish-language album...¡wepa!

<em>