[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any Stax experts.here?

I hope a Stax expert can help me out here.
    I'm aware of the split with Atlantic, and the situation whereby Stax 'lost' all their masters up to early 1968.
    I believe that Stax still retained all unissued recordings[[ including alternate versions) from prior to 1968.
    I believe it was quite a number of years later that pre 68 [[ blue Stax) and post 68 [[ Yellow Stax) were issued together on compilations due to record companies merging /licenceing etc.

But I was thrown by a 1969 LP of Eddie Floyd "Rare Stamps" on Yellow Stax which features a lot of Blue Stax [[ pre the 68 Split) that Stax no longer owned.
    So...is "Rare Stamps" made up of alternate versions of tracks such as "Knock on wood" , " Big Bird", " Raise your hand" etc???
    i.e
    Not the masters owned by Atlantic and unavailable to Stax for releasing.

Thanks
    Last edited by snakepit; 10-24-2020 at 03:44 AM.