Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
If I were BG....I would have not released .
1.bit of liverpool.
2.sing country
3.we remember....
Instead I would have released There's a Place for Us in April 65
At the copa hi get pushed to April 66 .I would not release both copa n merry Christmas together
To much product.
I think more hits would have done far better without all the other releases.
I would combine go go n sing HDH as one album...dropping the covers...
I would love include the Happening on reflections lp. Drop up up n away.
Instead of forever came today release going down for the third time.
Cancel...something's you never get...release Then from Reflections.
Cancel .living in shame..the composer..
Release ..I'll set you free and chains of love.
Try it baby instead of I'll try something new.
Cancel Let The Sunshine .
Cancel GIT..but a actual live set with both groups in concert.
Just thinking out loud
some of those were huge sellers. The only album I’d scrap is funny girl.

I don’t think Then is a single that would get any radio play.
‘Try It Baby might have worked as a single but I would’ve used the TCP version of the impossible dream as the next single, then maybe try it baby and then why must we fall in love.

The composer and I’m living in shame were not exactly stellar works of art but it kept the groups name out there in many markets until They had something decent to release. There was nothing better to put out.

going down for the third time was already on a platinum album and a gold single. Supremes fans would not have purchased it, because they already had one or two versions of it. I think it would’ve been a big mistake to put it out at that time. I also think it was a mistake to use it as a B-side because as it turned out, It would’ve been a good A-side
side instead of in and out of love or forever came today.

somethings you never get used to might have done better if they articulated the lyrics in the chorus in the hook. No one to this day is certain what they’re singing and it’s a giant blemish on Ashford and Simpson to send a record out like that. And stupid of Motown. People do not buy a single that they can’t sing along to or understand the lyrics.. I think it would’ve been a top 20 record with a little fixing.

my favorite song from 1969 probably was the leading lady medley so I would not have canceled GIT. It did reasonably well. By comparison, the 70s Supremes only had one album that charted higher than GIT.