[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think if Diana was not allowed to grow by this time she may have ended up going back home to raise her family or something. I think she had outgrown Berry Gordy so to speak and wanted to grow as Diana Ross thinks not Diana Ross robot. I remember Gordy saying something to the fact that he could not compete with the other offer and didn't have the money.

Let's think about this for a moment when she left she was given like $200,000 for her work as a Supreme and as a solo. Remember now she paid her share for gowns, recording studio time, musicians, travel etc. By the way how many of those gowns did she keep ? 3 maybe ? Same deal with Florence but let's move on.

She wanted creative control and production rights from what I remember. She was hot off her last singles so most companies would have made an offer to collect some of that stardust. She was no longer Motown's puppet as people around her were probably saying. She had to know if she could do it and I get that. None of those companies were going to make it any better it had to come from within her and what she wanted to express.

I enjoyed it because it was Diana telling us this is Diana. I always thought Dirty Looks had a deeper meaning.
    Last edited by captainjames; 10-21-2020 at 02:38 AM.