I remember reading in Mary's book Supreme Faith that they were touring as the Supremes yet had no contract with Motown. She indicated that Motown was angry that she hired Scherrie on her own yet since they had no contract that none of them were Supremes. I know when Cindy decided to leave the first time she was pregnant and that Stevie Wonder's backup singer Sundray Tucker was seen and that she auditioned and brought her sister Lynda[[also in Stevie's group) to audition and that Jean and Mary liked Lynda and they chose her. Was this Motown who was part of the process or the group? Did it make it okay because Lynda was already in a Motown group and Scherrie wasn't? I was just wondering of the differences with their becoming a Supreme. How did Motown feel about Lynda as a Supreme? I know Mary wrote that Cholly Atkins[[who Lynda rehearsed with prior to becoming a Supreme) was telling her people were talking about Lynda saying she was too bossy. Also, when Cindy was replaced by Susaye Mary said her husband said he had heard her and she was a great singer. I think I read that he may have told her she was going to be the lead singer. What did Motown think of Susaye, who was also in Stevie's Wonderlove group? Did they think anything about her replacing Cindy? Later, after Mary left and was performing that South American tour that Scherrie & Susaye did not go on she recruited Cindy Birdsong and Debbie Sharpe. Mary wrote that promoters were upset in getting only 2 out of 3 "real" Supremes since both her and Cindy were still under contract to Motown as Supremes. So, was Cindy still under contract to Motown as a Supreme while Mary, Scherrie and Susaye were under contract to Motown as Supremes as well? I remember reading before Mary, Scherrie and Cindy were signed as the Supremes that Scherrie & Cindy were basically working for Mary under the corporation Supremes, Inc. Does that mean that Scherrie, Cindy and Susaye all had dual contracts-both with Motown and Mary's Supremes Inc? I know there are a number of people on here who can probably answer this for me as I became curious.