[REMOVE ADS]

Books or bullets?

I heard something very distubing today,it seems that two states[i don't recall which]have legislation pending that would allow college students to carry firearms,so along with the ipod and calculus they can add a 45 automatic if they choose or maybe the latest in uzi fashion to bring out the campus style,are these folks nuts?has anyone else heard this latest insanity?

Yup. I live in one of those states: Arizona. Damn tea-baggers!

whats their excuse for allowing students to carry firearms?what would they need them for?they'll only need them to protect themselves from other armed students,a vicious circle,scary.i've seen near accidents under controlled and supervised conditions during range firing.what happens if someone leaves the safety off and the weapon discharges?
    it can only end eventually, in tragedy.you really must sort out your outdated "right to bear arms" in the constitution.
    but its all a little bit late,with the ammount of firearms swilling about in people's homes

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    I heard something very distubing today,it seems that two states[i don't recall which]have legislation pending that would allow college students to carry firearms,so along with the ipod and calculus they can add a 45 automatic if they choose or maybe the latest in uzi fashion to bring out the campus style,are these folks nuts?has anyone else heard this latest insanity?
    Texas is one of those States I believe. They believe that it's just safer if every college kid was armed and extremely dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    whats their excuse for allowing students to carry firearms?what would they need them for?they'll only need them to protect themselves from other armed students,a vicious circle,scary.i've seen near accidents under controlled and supervised conditions during range firing.what happens if someone leaves the safety off and the weapon discharges?
    it can only end eventually, in tragedy.you really must sort out your outdated "right to bear arms" in the constitution.
    but its all a little bit late,with the ammount of firearms swilling about in people's homes
    It's nothing but paranoia. Gun nuts have always been paranoid. That's why they want their right to carry guns wherever, whenever. They have a fantasy about saving the day in case someone decides they are going to do harm. But Arizona IS one of those two states because it made big news here, The governor just signed the bill a couple of days ago. You'd think they'd have learned something after U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot, and others were killed last January.
    Last edited by soulster; 04-09-2011 at 02:09 PM.