I am expressing an opinion that I feel that Scherrie Payne is completely underrated as a lead singer and Supreme. This forum has a lot of people express opinions on how great they feel Diana Ross, Jean Terrell, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson are-and rightly so- they are all great. Somehow Scherrie is disregarded in the mix. Yes, when Jean replaced Diana she had a voice that was distinctive and added her own sound to the lead. Many feel Florence and Mary were overlooked and should have sang lead more with Florence's loud and strong voice and Mary's tone and ballad mastery. Still, I see many say once Jean left that they quit following the group as they became something other than the Supremes. I don't agree with that. Yes, I loved the fact that Mary was finally sharing leads and coming into her own but Scherrie's talent and contributions seem overlooked and underrated. Scherrie, in fact, has hit the Billboard charts more than any other Supreme as a solo artist except for Diana. Scherrie had the loud and strong voice like Florence, yet she had more control, mastery and a better way with a lyric. She also had a similar tone to Mary, note how they sound quite similar on You're What's Missing in my Life. Plus, Scherrie was very pretty, glamorous and quite adept at choreography. She joined the group after 2 lead singers, but had her own style and sound. She was far more different from Diana than Jean was and was different from Jean. I feel everyone who wanted Florence as a lead singer had someone similar when Scherrie was in the group. Her voice, looks, talent even continue to this day in the FLOs. I don't think Scherrie is given her due. She actually excited me as a fan because I felt such hope, she had such a fire and spark when she joined that seemed to be missing when Cindy left the first time. You may not agree with me, but you have to give Scherrie her due.She was and is amazing.