Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
It is Diana who blocked it's inclusion on the Eaten Alive expanded edition and indeed the original 1985 release.. She also blocked the inclusion of a great song called It's up to you. Barbra Streisand decided she loved the song and Barry produced it on her for the Guilty2 album. Barry was mystified by some of Diana's decisions.
As regards Islands in the stream Barry envisiged it as a duet between him and Diana. Kenny was not involved until Diana turned down the song. You need to listen to the Kenny Rogers album in full. Nearly all those songs were sent to Diana first. She ignored his calls.
Many thanks for the info Blue.. I really find that all rather sad. Surely she must be aware that the vast majority of her loyal fans are chomping at the bit to hear anything new.
To block the songs being released at all is surely a ridiculous move, if perhaps a ‘tad selfish. It really makes no sense at all. It was the same with the Christmas compilation from last year. Is it all to do with financial recompense?.
To the joy of her fans, Streisand has been releasing whole albums of songs left over from various recording sessions. It makes sense. I love “It’s Up To You” plus most of the songs featured on guilty2 My favourite being “So Hard Letting Go”
Have you any idea her feelings on the superb expanded releases.?. Would she prefer these also were never released?.