[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All the tracks sound perfect to me. They have to be digitally enhanced otherwise how do you get an analogue file onto CD! In the 10 year gap since Vol 4 a lot as happened. Motown Unreleased 1962 - 1969 have been issued. Ace have issued a number of Motown compilations. The number of usable tracks for consideration has therefore fallen dramatically. UMe will also be holding some back for future projects [[sic). Vol 5 had been in limbo for some time resulting in several tracks appearing elsewhere or in downloads. If we want Caroline to consider more COM then our support is essential.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    All the tracks sound perfect to me. They have to be digitally enhanced otherwise how do you get an analogue file onto CD! In the 10 year gap since Vol 4 a lot as happened. Motown Unreleased 1962 - 1969 have been issued. Ace have issued a number of Motown compilations. The number of usable tracks for consideration has therefore fallen dramatically. UMe will also be holding some back for future projects [[sic). Vol 5 had been in limbo for some time resulting in several tracks appearing elsewhere or in downloads. If we want Caroline to consider more COM then our support is essential.
    Having listened to the first four volumes of COM over the weekend, finally got round to hearing the whole of Vol.5 today. My email to Caroline Records attempting to encourage them to consider further similar releases in the furture has now been sent.

One day the well will run dry, but it would be such a shame if we lost the opportunity to have the chance to listen to whatever might still be hiding in the vaults. Only three months until MU 1970 is due [[fingers crossed), so in the meantime, I have started working my way through the Ace compilations again.