Walking was a big dance hit. it even ranked #15 for 1976 according to Billboard best dance tracks. it charted very high in NYC, LA, DC, Boston and San Diego and all at the same time. My guess is this is what helped it crossover to mainstream pop radio and go to #40

the MS&S set seems to have similarities to both the performance of Sup 75 and Walking

at the beginning of Sept 76, Billboard redid it's chart information. They dropped the regional store sales and instead published a national chart ranking and then listed the the Top 15 hits for the major metro areas.

You had different songs hitting the charts from MS&S. Some markets were all over these songs. Some completely ignored them

Like the HE lp, the MS&S album charted for 1 week in NYC as the full album, all cuts. otherwise everything was listed by song[[s)

for Nov and Dec 76, Wheel was listed by itself on the charts and rose to #6.

Then in the first week of Jan, it was co-listed with LYG and LINKYCFSG and rose to #5 for 1 week. then it began to slide and was off the disco top 40 by early March

Atlanta liked MS&S - for a couple weeks it listed Wheel/Let/love i never knew. Then switched to Wheel/Let/dont wanna be, peaking at #2

Miami only listed Wheel for a couple weeks then focused on LYG and Dont wanna be tied down peaking at #5

LA, San Dieog, PHoenix, Boston, DC and Balt only listed the songs a little. after a lot of chart action with Walking, the MS&S songs only lasted on their charts for a couple weeks.

NYC peaked at #4 with Wheel/Let/don't want to be but they too changed up the co-listing songs. sometimes Don't, sometimes Never Knew

San fran also peaked high - #2 but didn't keep the songs long on the list

Chicago was all about Let Yourself Go. they started with Wheel for a couple weeks by itself, then a couple weeks co-listing. but finally they just focused on LYG and it peaked at 5 and was on the charts by itself for about 10 weeks. while not longer, it was on the charts the latest of any market

Oddly enough - Detroit, Dallas, Houston, NOLA, Pittsburgh, MOntreal completely ignored all of the songs. nothing ever listed

Finally Philly had Come Into My Life just creep into the listings. for 1 week in Jan CIML hit #15. no co-listing. just by itself