[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

most recorded motown song by motown artist

Hello Gang, was playing marvin songs yesterday,one of the songs i listened to was GONNA KEEP ON TRYIN ....,Excellent of course.been recorded bt TEMPTS EDWIN JIMMY RUFFIN etc.got me thinking about other songs recorded by motown artists, i think the most recorded motown song was WHO'S LOVIN YOU, Any other suggestions, cheers.

I don't think it was ever a hit by anyone, but I seem to remember that "Gonna Give Her All The Love I Got," was on almost every late 60s-early 70s Motown album.

Money [[That's What I Want ) would also have to be the in the running.

Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone - [[The Temptations, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Chuck Jackson, Diana Ross & The Supremes, The Undisputed Truth)

For Once In My Life - [[Stevie Wonder, Barbara McNair, Martha & The Vandellas, Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Four Tops, The Temptations, Kiki Dee, Sammy Davis Jr., Jonah Jones, Joe Harnell, Soupy Sales, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles)

Everybody Needs Love - [[Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Velvelettes, Jimmy Ruffin, Mary Wells, The Temptations, The Miracles)

....Mostly any Norman Whitfield song

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    For Once In My Life - [[Stevie Wonder, Barbara McNair, Martha & The Vandellas, Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Four Tops, The Temptations, Kiki Dee, Sammy Davis Jr., Jonah Jones, Joe Harnell, Soupy Sales, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles)
    I withdraw my previous suggestion and have to go with "For Once in My Life." Not only was it recorded by almost everyone at Motown, but many others as well. I remember that the publishing company "Stein & Van Stock" was created to give the song additional cachet of an old, established publishing firm.

We've done this before. It was indeed 'For Once In My Life'. Also recorded by Diana Ross & The Ding Dongs.

honest man Guest
    HA HA well i forgot for once...of course,ok its been done before send song thats been recorded 3 times or more, it cracks me up to delve through tons of songs trying to find version by someone else, send them in fols . MIDNIGHT JOHNNY keep an eye for fantasy duets.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone - [[The Temptations, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Chuck Jackson, Diana Ross & The Supremes, The Undisputed Truth)

Everybody Needs Love - [[Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Velvelettes, Jimmy Ruffin, Mary Wells, The Temptations, The Miracles)

....Mostly any Norman Whitfield song
    Mostly any Norman Whitfield song indeed!!

"I Heard it Through The Grapevine" .. SMOKEY ROBINSON AND THE MIRACLES, GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS, THE TEMPTATIONS, MARVIN GAYE, THE UNDISPUTED TRUTH .. probably a few other versions too ..

And with "Ain't No Sun" GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS had two distinctly different versions released .. the one on the "Everybody Needs Love" L.P. is very "60s/Northern/Uptempo", the version on the "Nitty Gritty" L.P. is very "psycho-soul/funky".

Roger

The Boy From Crosstown seems to have been cut several times!

Eamonn

I wanna be where you are..Michael Jackson / Thelma Houston / Jose Feliciano / Willie Hutch etc Fab song..Paulo xxx

Eamonn...

You'll have to stop throwing those knives at me!

LOL

I just came across I heard It tghrough the Grapevine, on the internet- by Miss Rosetta Hightower!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I just came across I heard It tghrough the Grapevine, on the internet- by Miss Rosetta Hightower!
    It's from her 1971 album "Rosetta Hightower" [[her second and last solo album). Of the 11 tracks on the original album 9 were Motown covers and the other two "Abraham, Martin and John" and "River Deep Mountain High" were songs covered by Motown artist.

Is she doing any performing in UK now?