[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops Question

Would anyone know the name of the first song the Four Tops recorded at Motown? I'm looking for the name of the first song they recorded, not the first hit they recorded. Thank you for your help.

Have you tried researching it over at DFTMC.INFO? I would imagine it was some time in the spring of 1963, one of the tunes that ended up on their Lost & Found.

On the Lost and Found CD, this is track 1, which would indicate their first recording.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bCe5lD5xrxA

Thank you for your response. I'm researching on DFTMC, but there are no dates for some of their '63 recordings. "Left With A Broken Heart" was recorded in 1963, but no date. And "I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me", was recorded April 13, 1963. I guess I may never know. LOL!! Thanks, again.

Thank you for the great info. Apparently, "Get My Hands On Some Lovin'" was recorded the same day as "I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me".
    I had no idea songs on "Lost And Found" were in order of their recordings. That's something great to know! Again, Snakepit, thank you very much for your help.

No problem

Quote Originally Posted by lucabella View Post
    Would anyone know the name of the first song the Four Tops recorded at Motown? I'm looking for the name of the first song they recorded, not the first hit they recorded. Thank you for your help.
    According to the booklet included with the Four Tops FOUREVER, ". . . Mickey Stevenson
    cut their first Hitsville studio tracks in April 1963, two unforgettable pop numbers that were never released. . . ."

So based upon that, we will never know.

It was interesting to learn that on the Lost and Found that the songs that are included are in the sequential order that they were released. I never knew that, guess it applies to all other L&F's.

I'd guess that the 2 tracks referred to above are the 2 Stevenson tracks

I know they did backgrounds on Mary Wells "Drop In The Bucket" in 1963 and some others.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME & GET MY HANDS ON DO SOME LOVING. Both cover songs.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    According to the booklet included with the Four Tops FOUREVER, ". . . Mickey Stevenson
    cut their first Hitsville studio tracks in April 1963, two unforgettable pop numbers that were never released. . . ."

So based upon that, we will never know.

It was interesting to learn that on the Lost and Found that the songs that are included are in the sequential order that they were released. I never knew that, guess it applies to all other L&F's.
    Those pop numbers were finally released on their Lost Without You CD. GET MY HANDS ON SOME LOVING & I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME

As I said above