Quote Originally Posted by TYK1986 View Post
I think Floy Joy was just right when it comes to sharing lead. Mary has more lead on this album then she had on any other album released before Floy Joy. Cindy also get a few add lib's and a spoken passage on wisdom of time which is also more then she would normally get [[except for thefour tops duet album and bridge over troubled water). More then they ever got before 1970.

Don't really care for the album covers either and find them a bit sloppy like benross mentioned. Although Touch is ok for me. The cover of Right on is not what I would have made for them. Should have tried to make a cover to show the direction they wanted to go to. And new ways should be re-released using just the main photo as cover :P. Floy Joy cover is ok and I think it suits the, kinda mellow, music that came with it but it's not a fave of mine.
i agree with some of the comments on the album covers

RO is ok but frankly i think they could have done better. I do appreciate though that they added the tearaway poster. that would be a strong gimmick to help draw interest to it. i also like the title on this one. i guess i would have left the front image as is, it is a great pic although the old DRATS gowns. But i would have voted though for this for the back image:

Attachment 18018

and then this would have been the poster image. again, a DRATS gown but i think this is a much more interesting pic for a poster

Attachment 18019

for NW, we've talked tons about better options for the cover. as for the gatefold, i like that they used it here and on Mag 7. while sealed at the record store, you would have been able to feel the diecuts and know that there's "something inside." but imagine the disappointment when you opened both of them up! totally wasted space. They should have included pictures, stories, info, etc

I like the touch lp. wouldn't change it

I like the FJ lp cover too. glamorous but fresh and new. their outfits looked very contemporary. high end but a break from the matching sequins. and the all white with the pops of red is very eye catching. I think they should have revamped their show at the time to highlight their partnership with Smokey [[maybe do a medley of his songs), do more full versions of the album songs and tracks. maybe when the curtain of the show would open, the set would be the patio set up. with the girls posed. Their outfits could be different variations on red, white, pinks. Have a real theme carried through