Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
I would have to disagree on that one. Floy Joy featured both Jean and Mary singing shared leads on the title track and Automatically Sunshine, Mary had a featured lead on A Heart Like Mine and they all had lead lines on The Wisdom Of Time. I don't think it became too much Jean until Lynda joined. Jimmy Webb came after Floy Joy and like Mary said the harmony on Floy Joy and their sound was starting to gel and with Jimmy Webb it was different. The songs released then were all Jean with background singers. In fact the JML era reminded me of DRATS where Jean seemed to be pushed to the front and the rest of the group behind her instead of side by side. I even noticed in tv appearances Jean started to stand up front and away from Mary and Lynda. Floy Joy was a cohesive group effort.
i agree i think the album is one of the more "group" ones. Cindy even gets the spotlight on the spoken passage in Wisdom. and lots of little one liners from M and C in the backgrounds - like Over and Over, Now the Bitter, etc. The album is very heavy with Andantes though. certainly not as bad as the Jimmy Webb set but i would have preferred more JMC and less A's