[REMOVE ADS]

Let George Do It - Campaign song written by Berry Gordy

This link tells a great deal about the promotional record written in 1958 by Berry Gordy and Tyron Carlo and performed by Jackie Wilson. It reportedly exists in both a 45 and also on a 78 rpm.

https://www.popsike.com/Motown-45-Le...060991325.html

Just wondering, has anyone ever heard this song or whether it was ever released in recent time on any recorded source, i. e. CD of a collection of
    Berry Gordy songs or Jackie Wilson performances?

I'd really love to hear the song. Thanks.

Thanks a million for locating this. I am certain many other forum members either did not know about it or they have never heard the actual song. Appreciate it.

From the Motown album "A Bit Of Wigan" a tribute to George Formby [[various artists). "Let George Do It" was a 1940 film but in the USA it was called "To Hell With Hitler" [[hope that causes no offence to anyone here).

My fave track is "Leaning On A Lamp Post" by The Temptations.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    From the Motown album "A Bit Of Wigan" a tribute to George Formby [[various artists). "Let George Do It" was a 1940 film but in the USA it was called "To Hell With Hitler" [[hope that causes no offence to anyone here).

My fave track is "Leaning On A Lamp Post" by The Temptations.
    Mysterysinger, my favorite tracks on that blinking album are ''When I'm Cleaning Windows'' by the Jackson 5 and ''Bless 'Em All'' by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas.

They were good tracks too - I remember Diana Ross and The Supremes on "Mother What'll I Do Now" a kind of precursor to "I'm Livin' In Shame".