[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    plus Tammi Terrell was on the Motown label. And wasn't Chris Clark also on the motown label? they wouldn't have wanted so many female solo artists on that 1 imprint. so i think you're absolutely right. had Flo stayed, she would have been shifted to a small label and then lingered. Maybe they could have placed her on Soul and had a little success.
    Great points about the other female solo artist already on Motown. I really wish she had remained at Motown. Yes, I know they wouldn't have pushed her records, but Motown knew how to make great records. Even the worst Motown record beats many other record companies' music in terms of production. The Motown producer, for the most part, knew how to make an artist sound as good as they possibly could. ABC gave Florence weak productions. If your foundation is shoddy, even the best singer will sound second-rate. Florence may have been frustrated working at Motown, but she definitely would have come out sounding much better than what ABC were giving her. Imagine if she had been given the song "I Got A Feeling" sung by Barbara Randolph. I like Barbara, but she seemed very much like a one-off artist to me. Now turn Florence loose on that one? WOW!
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 08-07-2020 at 11:31 AM.