Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
I know that story was written in Mary's first book to illustrate the portrayal of a selfish Diana Ross, but I always thought it made Mary look like more of an idiot. There's no way I'm sleeping on the floor every night at my relative's house while you get the couch every night. I'm not waiting on you to suggest we alternate nights, I'm telling you we're alternating nights. Diana Ross in all likelihood was a selfish young lady, but I can see how tempting it might have been for her to pay someone like Mary no mind if you wait 20 years to say you wanted to sleep on the couch.
i agree that some of the stories in Mary's book frankly come off a little petty. i mean - seriously!! who's gonna bring up something as trivial as who slept on what surface in 1959?!?! and bringing it up 25 years later. they were young kids - all pre-teens do idiotic things

if mary's goal was to paint diana as a conniving scheming bitch, she should have focused on more specifics that occurred within the group. not ordering pizza late at night or arriving at an interview with snazzy earrings and outfit.