Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
what are people's thoughts on Marvin producing the MJL lineup?

for motown to outside of their producers was quite a surprise.

in 72, Marvin was working on Troubled Man soundtrack. frankly i've never been all that much of a fan of that score and maybe working with the Sups would have been a more fruitful project
Marvin had the capabilities to record himself singing the phone book and I would've loved it. However, I've never been a fan of Trouble Man. With that being said, I think him producing the Supremes in 1972 would've been an interesting concept. In reality, Marvin was focused on his own thing and so I don't think he would've really been too interested. But the results I think would've played up the ladies' sexiness without being overt. The tracks would've no doubt been fantastic. LGIO sessions are eargasmic.

What about Willie Hutch? I love the songs he did with Marvin around this time. He also arranged Suzee Ikeda's version of "I Can't Give Back the Love". While I'm not suggesting that he have taken the song from Suzee and given it to the Supremes, I do think it gives a bit of sense of what the group might have done with Willie.