I thought you guys might find these stories amusing. Back in the mid 80's I started learning about Motown history and the Supremes mostly because I read both of Mary Wilson's books back in the day. I was a country boy who went to college in Western NY--and this was my first time meeting New York City people. I thought they were hot chit. Anyway I had a good friend from college named Tom and he was a bouncer at the Ritz at the time, and he was the main guy who turned me on to a whole new world of underground dance music and the NYC club scene. I felt so grown up and cosmopolitan! Hee hee! Anyway one summer [[maybe 1985) I was home from college on summer break in my dopey farm town and Tom called me. Tom knew everybody at the clubs and he told me he'd been invited to a certain "gender bender" pop star's birthday, at, I think it was, either the Palladium or Danceteria. It might have been Boy George's birthday party. Okay, yes it was definitely his party. Hopefully I won't get in trouble by posting this. More in a second...