[REMOVE ADS]

Another temptin blooper!

What? It's a slow day,hehe now from our favorite cult classic-the scene at the motown picnic where paul and blue tell david they need to talk to him about rehersals and tammi,the real temps wouldn't have mentioned tammi,otis stated that personal business is personal until it affects the group.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    What? It's a slow day,hehe now from our favorite cult classic-the scene at the motown picnic where paul and blue tell david they need to talk to him about rehersals and tammi,the real temps wouldn't have mentioned tammi,otis stated that personal business is personal until it affects the group.
    Yeah that part didn't make sense to me. They really made David out to be monster in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    We've got to remember that The Temptations Mini Series is not a documentary. It's customary for movies like this to alter certain events in order to create drama [[it's in the fine print at the tail end of every bio-pic that such variations are made for dramatic purposes).

More of a missed opportunity than a blooper. But where was Taraji P. Henson during the casting calls. This would have been the perfect time for her to play Tammi. The actress in the film was too dark, when according to a comment I read on YouTube, Tammi was biracial.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    We've got to remember that The Temptations Mini Series is not a documentary. It's customary for movies like this to alter certain events in order to create drama [[it's in the fine print at the tail end of every bio-pic that such variations are made for dramatic purposes).
    Yeah. Much like those Based on A True Story tagline. Or Based on Actual Events.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    More of a missed opportunity than a blooper. But where was Taraji P. Henson during the casting calls. This would have been the perfect time for her to play Tammi. The actress in the film was too dark, when according to a comment I read on YouTube, Tammi was biracial.
    Taraji would have been an excellent choice, jboy! Take a gander at her star turn in that Madea movie. In it she sings at a bar, w/the giant Angela Davis fro [[Mary J. is in it too) ala Aretha. Plus in her real voice!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Taraji would have been an excellent choice, jboy! Take a gander at her star turn in that Madea movie. In it she sings at a bar, w/the giant Angela Davis fro [[Mary J. is in it too) ala Aretha. Plus in her real voice!
    Actually Cheryl "Pepsi" Riley did the vocals for Taraji in I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF. But Taraji did do her own vocals for HUSTLE AND FLOW and performed the Oscar-winning song ITS HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP on the Oscars telecast.

Tammi was not biracial. She is actually a cousin of Lynda Laurence and Sundray Tucker. Both of Tammi [[Montgomery) Terrell's parents were African American as are her sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Actually Cheryl "Pepsi" Riley did the vocals for Taraji in I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF. But Taraji did do her own vocals for HUSTLE AND FLOW and performed the Oscar-winning song ITS HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP on the Oscars telecast.
    Thanks, Reese. Didn't know that. But girlfriend brings it. Always lurv Pepsi's vocal skills.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Tammi was not biracial. She is actually a cousin of Lynda Laurence and Sundray Tucker. Both of Tammi [[Montgomery) Terrell's parents were African American as are her sisters.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I didn’t know she and Lynda Lawrence were cousins either.

While we’re discussing trivial things about the movie, when Dennis joins the group he has a large Afro that shrank as they moved into the early 70s. In reality, he had a modest sized fro that got bigger into the 70s.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn’t know she and Lynda Lawrence were cousins either.
    They were also cousins of sing Bunny Sigler.

While we’re discussing trivial things about the movie, when Dennis joins the group he has a large Afro that shrank as they moved into the early 70s. In reality, he had a modest sized fro that got bigger into the 70s.
    Great observation.

Ludie Montgomery said in her book on Tammi, that they Were Not related to Lynda and Sundray!