Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
I sure as hell did. I show my love for Motown and its music by buying everything I can, whether it's CD or digital-only I don't care. I support the music and these releases with my wallet. It's the only way to guarantee future releases, honestly.
Many of us feel the same. I do not hesitate to buy official releases, even if I already have bootlegs. Only as a matter of principle. I understand that it's a question of revenue and possibly royalties to the artists, songwriters and musicians who created the product.

However, many media conglomerates, and sometimes individual owners, will withhold music until it is outside of copyright protection. That can mean that the artists, musicians, songwriters -- and the audience -- are dead before it sees the light of day. It is a deliberate strategy to reduce the need for consent or attribution, or the number of potential claims to sale and licensing proceeds.

I will take my music however I can get it. And then I will purchase official commercial releases whenever I can.