The only appearance I'm aware of is The Tonight Show hosted by Joe Namath that night early June 1971. I read on Carson's site many years ago that the tape was destroyed. I know it was sung live with Jean singing a false start and had to start over and that they wore hot pants outfits that were trendy then.

Why wasn't this promoted on U.S. television much more? I believe it would have charted higher for sure. I did read where they lip-synced it on a Cilla Black TV show but I suppose that was BBC. I would give anything to see that unless it no longer exists either. Nathan Jones remains probably my favorite of the Jean era. Also I would imagine Sullivan would have been in reruns by that point as 1971 was his last year.

They did David Frost, I believe in April, just prior to it being released but didn't sing it on his show either or it was pre-recorded. That #16 was a disappointment but our local radio station it did hit #1 as I remember I Am...I Said by Neil Diamond was #2. Last great year for The Motown Sound.