Was thinking about Stevie's "All I Do" the other day. It's so interesting to me that in 1980 he'd reach back to unreleased songs on Brenda H and Tammi T that he had co-written back in 65/66 and managed to get himself a hit. Also thought of Aretha covering "Sweet Bitter Love" for Who's Zoomin Who approximately 20 years after doing it the first time. Got me to thinking, of the Supremes, are there any songs [[non MOR or specialty) recorded [[released or unreleased) by the group in the 60s that you think might have been a good idea for the 70s groupings to revisit? Any songs from the Supremes catalog of the 60s that you think could have been re-worked for Diana and/or Mary [[or any other Supreme) during their solo careers?

The one song that quickly comes to my mind is "A Breath Taking Guy". I think it would've been so dope for JMC to re-record this one for Floy Joy in a slow, sexy, extended version. Jean or Mary on lead, either one I suspect would work, but I'm betting Mary is the better option here.

While I'm mostly neg on the idea of MSC/MSS doing disco, I wonder if a disco version of "Itchin" would've worked. I can hear Scherrie, or even Susaye, tearing through it. Might have made some noise.

It's hard to imagine Diana touching the Supremes' big hits, but I wonder how well a re-worked "Hangin On" would have done for her in the 80s before Kim Wilds did her thing with it? [[Keep in mind there's almost zero chance Diana would've covered Motown after leaving, but this is all for discussion's sake.) It seems like the perfect song to reemerge in the 80s.