Just pondering something-The Supremes & Temptations were the first Motown acts to headline their own television specials, yet in the 70's they did not headline their own specials unlike Diana Ross, The Temptations, The Jackson 5 or Smokey Robinson. Yet, the 70's Supremes seemed to guest star on more variety shows than the other Motown acts. I wonder why they never had their own special. I wonder what your opinions are. Mine is that although they were great as guest stars, they proved adept enough in comedy skits but not enough for a special maybe. Diana Ross certainly had the charisma to host but honestly Jean was a much better singer but did not have the charisma to be a host or spotlight in a special. Mary Wilson acquired a bubbly personality at the time and she would have been the best suited then to do hosting,etc. but how would that look to have her and even Cindy outshining Jean in a special[[except for singing)? I read Mary's books and they wanted to do a weekly series or special but they never did. Jean was serviceable in the variety shows but Mary was the one who stood out more. What do you all think, what are your opinions?