[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 42 of 42
  1. #1

    The Supremes inducted into Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame January 1988

    Finally! I created a videotape very similar to this one by taping as many of the televised reports as possible of the evening. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has not uploaded the Supremes or Berry Gordy Jr's inductions to their channel, but this is better than anything they would put up:


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Finally! I created a videotape very similar to this one by taping as many of the televised reports as possible of the evening. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has not uploaded the Supremes or Berry Gordy Jr's inductions to their channel, but this is better than anything they would put up:

    Great job Marv. Did you clean up the videos cause I thought they looked very clear? I forgot about Berry receiving his award. Little Richard is such a personality. I only saw Ringo at the podium, George was just off to the side. Why wasnít George up there too?

  3. #3
    What a crying shame that Diana chose not to attend this very special induction. Both women worked their asses off to make the Supremes the greatest female group of all time. Whatever their differences, surely she should could have put up with Mary for just one night. She deserved to be there.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Finally! I created a videotape very similar to this one by taping as many of the televised reports as possible of the evening. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has not uploaded the Supremes or Berry Gordy Jr's inductions to their channel, but this is better than anything they would put up:

    Can't wait to watch!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    What a crying shame that Diana chose not to attend this very special induction. Both women worked their asses off to make the Supremes the greatest female group of all time. Whatever their differences, surely she should could have put up with Mary for just one night. She deserved to be there.
    Diana deserved to be there, but I don't fault her for staying away. She was over Mary by this point and as I'm always telling people lately (it's a new mission in my life) you do not have to share space with people you don't want to. If you find that someone makes you feel bad, however they do it, practice social distancing, even to the point of putting states between you. While I still maintain that Mary's book wasn't as much of a hatchet job as it was a betrayal, it's that betrayal that has me seeing eye to eye with Diana on this one. Write about yourself, but don't put my business out there. So many folks continue with toxic relationships. If Diana felt Mary betrayed her, she should stay away for her own sanity. If Diana acted as negatively as Mary claims she did during the last reunion, why would she want her there? And then to have the two of them together on what was basically the heels of Mary's book...how awkward for the two to stand together and have to field questions about it? We might have ended up with a Detroit Throwdown, something we really didn't need. Plus Diana's presence would've over shadowed Mary's and at this point Mary deserved all of the spotlight she could get. Not to mention Diana had a new baby at home, didn't she? And by now Diana was more or less concerned with the career she's had without the group, which was now almost two decades longer than the one with the group. This was Mary's night anyway. Fingers crossed that Diana gets her someday soon.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Diana deserved to be there, but I don't fault her for staying away. She was over Mary by this point and as I'm always telling people lately (it's a new mission in my life) you do not have to share space with people you don't want to. If you find that someone makes you feel bad, however they do it, practice social distancing, even to the point of putting states between you. While I still maintain that Mary's book wasn't as much of a hatchet job as it was a betrayal, it's that betrayal that has me seeing eye to eye with Diana on this one. Write about yourself, but don't put my business out there. So many folks continue with toxic relationships. If Diana felt Mary betrayed her, she should stay away for her own sanity. If Diana acted as negatively as Mary claims she did during the last reunion, why would she want her there? And then to have the two of them together on what was basically the heels of Mary's book...how awkward for the two to stand together and have to field questions about it? We might have ended up with a Detroit Throwdown, something we really didn't need. Plus Diana's presence would've over shadowed Mary's and at this point Mary deserved all of the spotlight she could get. Not to mention Diana had a new baby at home, didn't she? And by now Diana was more or less concerned with the career she's had without the group, which was now almost two decades longer than the one with the group. This was Mary's night anyway. Fingers crossed that Diana gets her someday soon.
    Very well put.

    And yes, Diana had given birth not long before to her first son and was already pregnant with her second, "a horrible assault" on the body she called it.

  7. #7
    I thought Mary was sizzling hot and handled all that press like a true pro! She also performed "Stop In the Name of Love" and every song that they played during the Allstar Jam Session. A video was put here a while back. I will try to find it again.

  8. #8
    I can't remember, but I believe Florence Ballard's daughter Lisa Chapman spoke on behalf of her mother that night.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Diana deserved to be there, but I don't fault her for staying away. She was over Mary by this point and as I'm always telling people lately (it's a new mission in my life) you do not have to share space with people you don't want to. If you find that someone makes you feel bad, however they do it, practice social distancing, even to the point of putting states between you. While I still maintain that Mary's book wasn't as much of a hatchet job as it was a betrayal, it's that betrayal that has me seeing eye to eye with Diana on this one. Write about yourself, but don't put my business out there. So many folks continue with toxic relationships. If Diana felt Mary betrayed her, she should stay away for her own sanity. If Diana acted as negatively as Mary claims she did during the last reunion, why would she want her there? And then to have the two of them together on what was basically the heels of Mary's book...how awkward for the two to stand together and have to field questions about it? We might have ended up with a Detroit Throwdown, something we really didn't need. Plus Diana's presence would've over shadowed Mary's and at this point Mary deserved all of the spotlight she could get. Not to mention Diana had a new baby at home, didn't she? And by now Diana was more or less concerned with the career she's had without the group, which was now almost two decades longer than the one with the group. This was Mary's night anyway. Fingers crossed that Diana gets her someday soon.
    Some good points and i do get where your coming from.
    I remember there was a great deal of speculation in the press at Diana’s no show. No disrespect to Mary, but it made such an acknowledgement/achievement a little bit off an anti-climax minus the lead singer..
    Whether Diana likes it or not, she will always be remembered first and foremost as a member of the Supremes.. The groups contribution in breaking down racial barriers at such a turbulent time in history is part of their legacy. For this reason alone she should have been there.
    Ross was three months old at the time so feel it was more to do with Mary then having had a baby.
    Had she attended, i think it would have been a very tough night for her. Having said, she could have flashed that million dollar smile, pulled out the acting chops and departed after the speeches..........imo.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 04-29-2020 at 11:02 AM.

  10. #10
    Diana just had a baby and was pregnant again. Her boys are less than a year apart. Thatís a lot for someone even half her age at that time.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Some good points and i do get where your coming from.
    I remember there was a great deal of speculation in the press at Diana’s no show. No disrespect to Mary, but it made such an acknowledgement/achievement a little bit off an anti-climax minus the lead singer..
    Whether Diana likes it or not, she will always be remembered first and foremost as a member of the Supremes.. The groups contribution in breaking down racial barriers at such a turbulent time in history is part of their legacy. For this reason alone she should have been there.
    Ross was three months old at the time so feel it was more to do with Mary then having had a baby.
    Had she attended, i think it would have been a very tough night for her. Having said, she could have flashed that million dollar smile, pulled out the acting chops and departed after the speeches..........imo.
    It wouldn't have been that tough for her to stand up there with Mary and Florence's daughter for a few minutes and expressed thanks to the Rock Hall for inducting her. Paul McCartney didn't show up either but did send a message that was read on his behalf. It looked small too for not showing up. This was probably the biggest music event of the year at that time.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I can't remember, but I believe Florence Ballard's daughter Lisa Chapman spoke on behalf of her mother that night.
    Yes, I believe Lisa spoke very briefly on behalf of her mom.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Some good points and i do get where your coming from.
    I remember there was a great deal of speculation in the press at Diana’s no show. No disrespect to Mary, but it made such an acknowledgement/achievement a little bit off an anti-climax minus the lead singer..
    Whether Diana likes it or not, she will always be remembered first and foremost as a member of the Supremes.. The groups contribution in breaking down racial barriers at such a turbulent time in history is part of their legacy. For this reason alone she should have been there.
    Ross was three months old at the time so feel it was more to do with Mary then having had a baby.
    Had she attended, i think it would have been a very tough night for her. Having said, she could have flashed that million dollar smile, pulled out the acting chops and departed after the speeches..........imo.
    As a fan I get it Ollie. There was a point in time when my opinion about the HOF situation mirrored yours. However, after having lived a little, I'm at a point in my life where over the last few years I've begun reexamining relationships I have with certain people, most of whom I am related to. I came to the conclusion that I was being forced to endure toxic behavior all in the name of family togetherness. You're supposed to flash a smile and play the part at these gatherings and reunions, meanwhile you're dying inside because the toxicity is rising again and now I'm real close to beating somebody's ass. And for what? Blessedly for me, of the many branches of family tree that I have, most of this is reserved for one branch and I have several other branches that I turn to for family love. And I refuse to spend a holiday or free days of any kind being fake and phony with people who don't deserve my time. The same with friends. I had to kick some friends to the curb when it started becoming clear that a lot of the "friendship" part of the relationship was one way. Part of me wonders if Diana learned long ago what I have only learned in the last few years. A person has to do what they need to do for their own happiness. If Diana doesn't trust Mary for any reason, if she doesn't want to see or speak to Mary for any reason, if she doesn't want to be in the same room with Mary for any reason, I say kudos to her for figuring it out, cuz sadly there will be many people going to their graves having made themselves unhappy in order to please others. Now because I also don't categorize Diana and Mary's issues as all that deep, the sentimental part of me has always hoped, and will continue to hope, that there will come a day when they will come together in the thing that binds them together. But if either woman feels like it's not emotionally worth it, I take solace in the belief that they do indeed still have love for one another and wish each other the best. Sometimes you can't ask for more.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Diana deserved to be there, but I don't fault her for staying away. She was over Mary by this point and as I'm always telling people lately (it's a new mission in my life) you do not have to share space with people you don't want to. If you find that someone makes you feel bad, however they do it, practice social distancing, even to the point of putting states between you. While I still maintain that Mary's book wasn't as much of a hatchet job as it was a betrayal, it's that betrayal that has me seeing eye to eye with Diana on this one. Write about yourself, but don't put my business out there. So many folks continue with toxic relationships. If Diana felt Mary betrayed her, she should stay away for her own sanity. If Diana acted as negatively as Mary claims she did during the last reunion, why would she want her there? And then to have the two of them together on what was basically the heels of Mary's book...how awkward for the two to stand together and have to field questions about it? We might have ended up with a Detroit Throwdown, something we really didn't need. Plus Diana's presence would've over shadowed Mary's and at this point Mary deserved all of the spotlight she could get. Not to mention Diana had a new baby at home, didn't she? And by now Diana was more or less concerned with the career she's had without the group, which was now almost two decades longer than the one with the group. This was Mary's night anyway. Fingers crossed that Diana gets her someday soon.
    This shelter at home girl is giving you a Standing ovation from Panorama City my dear. Beautifuly stated.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Diana just had a baby and was pregnant again. Her boys are less than a year apart. That’s a lot for someone even half her age at that time.
    It is not even a big deal. She does not attend any honors given to the Supremes. She only attends those given to herself singularly. That is her right to do so!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Diana deserved to be there, but I don't fault her for staying away. She was over Mary by this point and as I'm always telling people lately (it's a new mission in my life) you do not have to share space with people you don't want to. If you find that someone makes you feel bad, however they do it, practice social distancing, even to the point of putting states between you. While I still maintain that Mary's book wasn't as much of a hatchet job as it was a betrayal, it's that betrayal that has me seeing eye to eye with Diana on this one. Write about yourself, but don't put my business out there. So many folks continue with toxic relationships. If Diana felt Mary betrayed her, she should stay away for her own sanity. If Diana acted as negatively as Mary claims she did during the last reunion, why would she want her there? And then to have the two of them together on what was basically the heels of Mary's book...how awkward for the two to stand together and have to field questions about it? We might have ended up with a Detroit Throwdown, something we really didn't need. Plus Diana's presence would've over shadowed Mary's and at this point Mary deserved all of the spotlight she could get. Not to mention Diana had a new baby at home, didn't she? And by now Diana was more or less concerned with the career she's had without the group, which was now almost two decades longer than the one with the group. This was Mary's night anyway. Fingers crossed that Diana gets her someday soon.
    Totally with you on this, Ran. Diana didn't really need this, at the time and in the long run. Life and living has taught me some great lessons.

    (As always, Diana's family was most important, and that beautiful family is rewarding her richly 33 years later.)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    As a fan I get it Ollie. There was a point in time when my opinion about the HOF situation mirrored yours. However, after having lived a little, I'm at a point in my life where over the last few years I've begun reexamining relationships I have with certain people, most of whom I am related to. I came to the conclusion that I was being forced to endure toxic behavior all in the name of family togetherness. You're supposed to flash a smile and play the part at these gatherings and reunions, meanwhile you're dying inside because the toxicity is rising again and now I'm real close to beating somebody's ass. And for what? Blessedly for me, of the many branches of family tree that I have, most of this is reserved for one branch and I have several other branches that I turn to for family love. And I refuse to spend a holiday or free days of any kind being fake and phony with people who don't deserve my time. The same with friends. I had to kick some friends to the curb when it started becoming clear that a lot of the "friendship" part of the relationship was one way. Part of me wonders if Diana learned long ago what I have only learned in the last few years. A person has to do what they need to do for their own happiness. If Diana doesn't trust Mary for any reason, if she doesn't want to see or speak to Mary for any reason, if she doesn't want to be in the same room with Mary for any reason, I say kudos to her for figuring it out, cuz sadly there will be many people going to their graves having made themselves unhappy in order to please others. Now because I also don't categorize Diana and Mary's issues as all that deep, the sentimental part of me has always hoped, and will continue to hope, that there will come a day when they will come together in the thing that binds them together. But if either woman feels like it's not emotionally worth it, I take solace in the belief that they do indeed still have love for one another and wish each other the best. Sometimes you can't ask for more.
    I to Ran spent far to many years keeping family happy and doing things that were expected of me regardless of my feelings. So yea, perhaps at the end of the day she did what she thought was best.
    It’s just that the Supremes were such a massive inspiration to so many as well as being recognised symbols of equality that in this instance, it seems ironic that together they were unable to share such a special acknowledgement.
    Perhaps at the end of the day it’s as lucky says.....There are more important things in life.

  18. #18
    Here is the Allstar jam concert for 1988. This was probably the greatest one they ever had from all of the ones I've seen. Look close and at the beginning, you will see Berry Gordy moving about. Then Mary Wilson and Muhammad Ali chatting with Florence's daughter Lisa nearby. Enjoy!


  19. #19
    The Supremes Mary Wilson Diana Ross and Florence Ballard Being Inducted into The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame made HISTORY.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Some good points and i do get where your coming from.
    I remember there was a great deal of speculation in the press at Diana’s no show. No disrespect to Mary, but it made such an acknowledgement/achievement a little bit off an anti-climax minus the lead singer..
    Whether Diana likes it or not, she will always be remembered first and foremost as a member of the Supremes.. The groups contribution in breaking down racial barriers at such a turbulent time in history is part of their legacy. For this reason alone she should have been there.
    Ross was three months old at the time so feel it was more to do with Mary then having had a baby.
    Had she attended, i think it would have been a very tough night for her. Having said, she could have flashed that million dollar smile, pulled out the acting chops and departed after the speeches..........imo.
    Yep just a few minutes to accept the award would have erased a lot of negativity re her persona. Just a bit of acting and slide on outta there with a good excuse and the deed is done. But I am not sure the Sups is all that important to her and nothing but a springboard to a solo career. Was she getting along with Berry at this time? Not sure if she was talking to him abt coming back.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Yep just a few minutes to accept the award would have erased a lot of negativity re her persona. Just a bit of acting and slide on outta there with a good excuse and the deed is done. But I am not sure the Sups is all that important to her and nothing but a springboard to a solo career. Was she getting along with Berry at this time? Not sure if she was talking to him abt coming back.

    They weren't even speaking at that time (1988). Mr. Gordy was preparing to sell Motown Records.

  22. #22
    I am happy it turned out the way it did. I did not care one way or the other that Diana Ross did not attend. I was happy to see Florence was represented by her daughter ( thanks to Mary Wilson no doubt). I enjoyed what I had access to. I loved watching the induction ceremony and celebration. They had one heck of a party that night!
    Last edited by marv2; 05-03-2020 at 12:17 AM.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    Totally with you on this, Ran. Diana didn't really need this, at the time and in the long run. Life and living has taught me some great lessons.

    (As always, Diana's family was most important, and that beautiful family is rewarding her richly 33 years later.)
    It just looks more than a bit strange that she was there several times AFTER Mary Wilson was not there. I don't think it had shit to do with not needing it or because she had a baby. LOL!!! Her absence for her own induction did not make her look good in the eyes of the Rock Hall. So good luck to her if she thinks they are ever going to induct her again as a solo artist! She's been solo for more than 50 years now and I don't think she's even been nominated.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It just looks more than a bit strange that she was there several times AFTER Mary Wilson was not there. I don't think it had shit to do with not needing it or because she had a baby. LOL!!! Her absence for her own induction did not make her look good in the eyes of the Rock Hall. So good luck to her if she thinks they are ever going to induct her again as a solo artist! She's been solo for more than 50 years now and I don't think she's even been nominated.


    Paul McCartney wasn’t there either.

    You were kicked out of a Diana Ross concert almost forty years ago and Mary Wilson shuns you and thinks you’re a freak. What are you even still doing here? We all know this to be true. The more you act like you’re Mary’s #1 fan and denigrate Diana, the more Mary finds you repulsive. Please get help. Your nonsense is well documented and known!
    Last edited by monicarivers; 05-03-2020 at 06:47 AM.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Yep just a few minutes to accept the award would have erased a lot of negativity re her persona. Just a bit of acting and slide on outta there with a good excuse and the deed is done. But I am not sure the Sups is all that important to her and nothing but a springboard to a solo career. Was she getting along with Berry at this time? Not sure if she was talking to him abt coming back.
    Marys over this but you cows are still mooing and complaining. Get a life Gurl.

  26. #26
    Good job Roberta! Tell them, donít pass up this chance, this time itís a new romanceĒ.

  27. #27
    Diana was resting at home with Ross and was pregnant with Evan, I forget when he was born besides the year (it was 1988) but obviously her focus was not on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I'm sure she was invited. We know she attended other Hall of Fame inductions (the one with the Four Tops in 1990 and the Billie Holiday induction in 2000). And yes I know this was right on the heels of the Dreamgirl book but I'm gonna leave that blank. This is not about drama, this is about the greatest living all-female vocal group that became an institution (i.e., the HOF induction) and that's all that matters IMHO. They're inducted, nothing we can do about what happened in '88.

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here is the Allstar jam concert for 1988. This was probably the greatest one they ever had from all of the ones I've seen. Look close and at the beginning, you will see Berry Gordy moving about. Then Mary Wilson and Muhammad Ali chatting with Florence's daughter Lisa nearby. Enjoy!

    Lisa looks so awkward up there. Lol I wonder what she was thinking about?

    But I'll be damned if she isn't a step away from being a dead ringer for her mother.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    The Supremes Mary Wilson Diana Ross and Florence Ballard Being Inducted into The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame made HISTORY.
    Yes they did. Those were some bad girls!

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Yep just a few minutes to accept the award would have erased a lot of negativity re her persona. Just a bit of acting and slide on outta there with a good excuse and the deed is done. But I am not sure the Sups is all that important to her and nothing but a springboard to a solo career. Was she getting along with Berry at this time? Not sure if she was talking to him abt coming back.
    Diana had a two month old at home and was already two months pregnant. Who knows where her head was at the time. I think she was dealing with more important things than being honored for work she did more than 20 years before. Why would we want someone to "act"? If she didn't want to be there, so what? Mary was there. At the end of the day the Supremes are Mary's group more than anyone else's, including Diana and Florence. As long as she was there, everything should've been all good. At some point people are going to have to realize that Diana has managed to find her happiness without pleasing people who really will never be pleased with anything she does anyway. Let's be real, had she shown up, some folks would've complained about that: "Why couldn't she just let Mary have this one thing to herself?" "Why is everything all about Diana Ross?" She didn't show up and so instead it's "Why isn't Miss Ross here?" "She doesn't care about the Supremes. She never did." The lady is damned if she does or damned if she don't.

    And yes, she and Gordy were in contact at the time.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It just looks more than a bit strange that she was there several times AFTER Mary Wilson was not there. I don't think it had shit to do with not needing it or because she had a baby. LOL!!! Her absence for her own induction did not make her look good in the eyes of the Rock Hall. So good luck to her if she thinks they are ever going to induct her again as a solo artist! She's been solo for more than 50 years now and I don't think she's even been nominated.
    Doesn't look strange to me. She don't fuck with Mary like that. And if she was the big bad wolf the way you claim she was/is, why would you or Mary want her there? Now that's strange!

    I don't think she's been nominated either. Perhaps the fans need to campaign. While I'd love to see her get the honor as a solo, as I said before, because the HOF is so arbitrary with who gets in and who doesn't, I don't revere the hall like some other folks do, so I would never bother trying to get her in. Her legacy is bigger than the Hall will ever be anyway.

  32. #32
    For context DR had just given birth to Arne on October 7, 1987 and would then go on to give birth to Evan on August 26, 1988. So perhaps her priorities were with her family during this period.

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    For context DR had just given birth to Arne on October 7, 1987 and would then go on to give birth to Evan on August 26, 1988. So perhaps her priorities were with her family during this period.
    Diana Ross have a priority that doesn't include the Supremes or Mary Wilson? The NERVE!!

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Doesn't look strange to me. She don't fuck with Mary like that. And if she was the big bad wolf the way you claim she was/is, why would you or Mary want her there? Now that's strange!

    I don't think she's been nominated either. Perhaps the fans need to campaign. While I'd love to see her get the honor as a solo, as I said before, because the HOF is so arbitrary with who gets in and who doesn't, I don't revere the hall like some other folks do, so I would never bother trying to get her in. Her legacy is bigger than the Hall will ever be anyway.
    The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has become meaningless and irrelevant.
    The original focus of the Hall has become so diluted and unclear as time goes on (predictably so).
    The use and definition of the term Rock & Roll is confusing. The term was used in the 50's for a specific type of hybrid R&B/Country music. As a Baby Boomer, I took it to include music popular among young people & teens of my generation, the Beatles, Beach Boys, Supremes, Four Seasons, etc., as opposed to the popular music of my parents' generation.

    For me, The Supremes and Aretha Franklin clearly belong in a "Rock & Roll" Hall of Fame. Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick and Whitney Houston not so clearly (IMO). I really don't care if Diana Ross is ever nominated as a solo artist. But that's just me.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    869
    Diana did not show up because Mary was there. Pure and simple.

    The Hall of Fame will not forget, and thus will never induct Ross as a solo act.

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Diana did not show up because Mary was there. Pure and simple.

    The Hall of Fame will not forget, and thus will never induct Ross as a solo act.
    Only Diana really knows why she didn't go. It is not pure and simple.

    I don't really care if Diana Ross, solo recording artist, is ever inducted. Diana Ross, Supreme, already is.

  37. #37
    Speculation won't solve the riddle. Let it go. It's been over 30 years. These women are now grandmothers in their mid-70s.

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Speculation won't solve the riddle. Let it go. It's been over 30 years. These women are now grandmothers in their mid-70s.
    The voice of reason. Wallowing in negativity and always looking back to blame someone just isnt healthy imo.

  39. #39
    here's what's also strange, Cindy Birdsong wasn't invited to attend. I of course understand that she was not an original supreme but was certainly part of the group. When other groups were inducted, non-originals were included

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    here's what's also strange, Cindy Birdsong wasn't invited to attend. I of course understand that she was not an original supreme but was certainly part of the group. When other groups were inducted, non-originals were included
    Then Jean Terrell should have been invited.

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    here's what's also strange, Cindy Birdsong wasn't invited to attend. I of course understand that she was not an original supreme but was certainly part of the group. When other groups were inducted, non-originals were included
    When the Temptations were inducted, the current active members in the group at that time were not inducted. David Ruffin and Dennis Edwards, although not originals, were inducted as they participated in the group's most noteworthy records in the opinions of some. Still, Diana Ross should have been there for the Supremes induction.

  42. #42
    The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has become meaningless and irrelevant.
    For me, The Supremes and Aretha Franklin clearly belong in a "Rock & Roll" Hall of Fame. Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick and Whitney Houston not so clearly (IMO). I really don't care if Diana Ross is ever nominated as a solo artist.
    Diana Ross, Supreme, already is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.