[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder, I Was Made To Love Her, with Michael Henderson on bass live aged 18

Can't see this clip has been on the forum before. Michael Henderson's bass performance is remarkable.....the more so if you listen on headphones.

Michael Henderson, now that is a name from the past! A great singer/musician from Detroit. Michael was very popular in the 70s and 80s, especially his recordings with Norman Connors.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-20-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Norman, not Nathan Connors.

Michael Henderson is another cat who definitely could stand to get more discussion.Surely
    an Unsung like profile. He wrote and produced The Dramatics, including their classic hit
    Be My Girl, played with Miles Davis and dueted with Roberta Flack. He misses the way the
    music scene was back in the day like many of us do. Oh yes and the stuff he did with
    Norman Connors like You Are My Starship still peel paint and soil sheets...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Michael Henderson is another cat who definitely could stand to get more discussion.Surely
    an Unsung like profile. He wrote and produced The Dramatics, including their classic hit
    Be My Girl, played with Miles Davis and dueted with Roberta Flack. He misses the way the
    music scene was back in the day like many of us do. Oh yes and the stuff he did with
    Norman Connors like You Are My Starship still peel paint and soil sheets...
    That's right Splanky, Norman Connors. I hadn't had my coffee yet. How about his duet with Rena Scott, "Take Me I'm Yours" from 1978? Then he went full blast funky with 1980's "Wide Receiver"!

Michael's bass on that live performance with Stevie is indeed stunning I have to say...Thanks for posting this, Mike

Glad you like it....here he is playing behind Stevie. Posted by the man himself.

Quiz. Name the ladies.

I blew that clip up to full screen and I still can't make out who they are...they don't look
    like any of the women who passed through Wonderlove. The one on the far left looks
    teasingly familiar...dang...dang....

Okay let me try this....Shirley Mathews, Clydie King, Sundray Tucker? I've full screened and
    paused this sucker like 5 times....

Splanky you have one right. The one the left is Sundray Tucker, the on the right is Linda Tucker aka Lynda Laurence [[of The Supremes) and the lady in the middle is their cousin Terri Hendricks. They called themselves "Third Generation".

Thanks, but I got em all wrong because I thought that was Sundray on the right. O well...Either way Stevie sure kept a lot of women working...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Thanks, but I got em all wrong because I thought that was Sundray on the right. O well...Either way Stevie sure kept a lot of women working...
    Yes he did and several went on to have famous careers like Minnie Riperton, Deniece Williams, Susaye Greene, etc.