[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Kenneth...I have plenty more to share. Hopefully the members won't tire of me. I guess they can ignore the thread if I post too much!

I bought this set of cufflinks a couple years ago. Here's the story from the man I bought them from. His dad was on a flight to L.A. for a business trip when he struck up a conversation with the man sitting near him. It turns out it was Berry Gordy Jr. BG asked the man if he had kids, which he said he had a son, and did he like Motown music. The guy politely said yes [[since he himself didn't really know who Berry was) and Mr. Gordy gave him these cufflinks to give to his kid. When the father got home he asked his son if he knew who Berry Gordy was. The man told me he did in fact know Berry's name as he said Motown was so big that Berry's name was frequently mentioned when Motown was mentioned. The dad was obviously just an out of touch square, lol. This story happened, to the best of the man's knowledge [[he was just a boy at the time), around 1967 or '68. He said he had kept the links all these years in a memory box but it was time to move them along. I was glad to acquire them!
    Darin

Name:  BG Cufflinks.jpg
Views: 2189
Size:  82.0 KB
    Last edited by DWSheffer; 04-07-2020 at 02:35 PM.