[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I love that the button refers to Ross as "Diane." She often introduced herself that way, and I believe she does so on the Copa album. I never heard anyone in Detroit refer to her as "Diana," and I think contrary to popular belief, "Diane" is actually the name she was given at birth.

I think Detroiters thought of her as a home town girl and calling her "Diane" gave us a feeling that she was one of "our own," which indeed she was. At least in the earlier days before all the controversies about Florence and Diane vs. Mary, I think most hometowners were rightfully proud of her as they were of all three girls.

Joseph, what a fun collection you have. How did you ever learn about the Dutch Fan Club? [[Although I think their nomenclature is faulty...calling it the "Dutch Supremes Fan Club" instead of the "Supremes Dutch Fan Club" makes it sound like there was a group of three girls in pigtails and wooden shoes, perhaps made up like the Marvelettes in that well known photo of them dressed that way!)

Name:  Marvelettes Holland.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  58.5 KB
    Last edited by kenneth; 04-11-2020 at 02:32 PM.