[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    @Reese,

I had to show this to you. I would have never noticed that another album of mine had the same model on the cover if you hadn't identified her as Gloria Hendry. Here's another album from the same label as the 101 Strings, with the same lady, who is in fact wearing the same dress and also appears to be from the same photo session!

I photoed the back cover as well, so you could see the very carefully titled tunes. I bet you anything some of these tunes masqueraded under different titles based on the album they appeared on. "Blow One for Otis?" "Wilson, Otis and Aretha?" "Study War no More?" [[I doubt this is actually "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho," but perhaps.)

I'm telling you, these guys were recyclers long before it was popular!

Name:  SoulSauce1.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  SoulSauce2.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  96.5 KB
    How does this album sound? From what I recall, Paul Griffin was quite a keyboardist in addition to being Valerie Simpson's first husband.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    How does this album sound? From what I recall, Paul Griffin was quite a keyboardist in addition to being Valerie Simpson's first husband.
    @Reese, No kidding, really? Well, of course I have never played it but I will and let you know!

@LuckyLuckyMe, another fun find. Thanks for posting those great album covers. They sure got their money's worth out of Ms. Hendry's photo shoot!
    Last edited by kenneth; 04-29-2020 at 12:28 PM.