[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    En Vogue is back in vogue with new LP release


  2. #2
    Very talented vocalists, but boy could they fight and fued. They made the Supremes seem like nuns in comparison.
    I look forward to the album, but am thankful i won't be meeting them anytime soon!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Very talented vocalists, but boy could they fight and fued. They made the Supremes seem like nuns in comparison.
    I look forward to the album, but am thankful i won't be meeting them anytime soon!
    Ha! Wasn't there a fourth at one time?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Ha! Wasn't there a fourth at one time?
    There were four of them when i worked with them back in the 90's. Not sure what the current line up is.

  5. #5
    It is my sincere hope that Bluebrock has a manuscript stashed somewhere about his time in the music business. I suspect it would provide a lot of insight into how some talents burned brightly for only a brief time, at least in the commercial sense.

    En Vogue has mostly been a trio this century, comprising original members Cindy Herron and Terry Ellis, with Rhona Bennett. Bennett joined in 2003.

    In the debut episode of their new podcast, Terry and Cindy recount their first promo trip to the UK, where they performed "Hold on" on "Top of the Pops." Was Bluebrock present for the promotion of "Hold on", I wonder?



    P.S. The headling is misleading. The group are promoting a reissue of their debut album, not a new LP.
    Last edited by smallworld; 04-04-2020 at 07:17 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    It is my sincere hope that Bluebrock has a manuscript stashed somewhere about his time in the music business. I suspect it would provide a lot of insight into how some talents burned brightly for only a brief time, at least in the commercial sense.

    En Vogue has mostly been a trio this century, comprising original members Cindy Herron and Terry Ellis, with Rhona Bennett. Bennett joined in 2003.

    In the debut episode of their new podcast, Terry and Cindy recount their first promo trip to the UK, where they performed "Hold on" on "Top of the Pops." Was Bluebrock present for the promotion of "Hold on", I wonder?



    P.S. The headling is misleading. The group are promoting a reissue of their debut album, not a new LP.
    It was in the early 90's, but i am not sure what it was that they were promoting. I shall have to look it up. Thanks for the reminder (i think!). Ha ha.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    There were four of them when i worked with them back in the 90's. Not sure what the current line up is.
    Terry Ellis had a respectable solo career. Dawn was meh with Lucy Pearl (co-lead w/Raphael Saadiq). And the current lineup had a decent single out the box. But the original lineup, with Dawn, Funky Divas is classic EnVogue!
    content://media/external/
    file/4375ox.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.