[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Boogiedown!

I believe that is what Blue meant: first the x-rated version of Kiss... to SELECTED R&B stations, and then the official single to ALL stations, and the same thing later with I Kinda Miss You.
    That's how I understood his words.
    I could, of course, check this with Gerald Alston, but I'd like to do that whenever there's something else to talk about with him, too :-).

Best regards
    Heikki

Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    Hi Boogiedown!

I believe that is what Blue meant: first the x-rated version of Kiss... to SELECTED R&B stations, and then the official single to ALL stations, and the same thing later with I Kinda Miss You.
    That's how I understood his words.
    I could, of course, check this with Gerald Alston, but I'd like to do that whenever there's something else to talk about with him, too :-).

Best regards
    Heikki
    Hi Heikki!

I would be curious what Alston has to say , hopefully you can work it into a conservation sometime Heikki!

more thoughts:

In order to send these special versions to select R&B stations , wouldn't they have had to send them as pressed 45's? [[ Or ?) I haven't found any evidence of such pressings or tapes of them . All I have been able to confirm is the double sided promo that has both the 'x-rated' KISS/GOODBYE and KINDA MISS combined...which to me suggests this was a one time event , this double sided 45, coinciding with the legit release of MISS YOU. [[?)
    Also,
    I noticed Blue gives 'credit' for this idea to Micky Eichner, but when I look at the credits for The Manhattans project [[ pun) around the KISS/GOODBYE album , I don't see his name. However for the next album , with KINDA MISS , he is credited there as its executive producer ..... So that he was even involved with KISS/GOODBYE could be questionable.

imo, I think it would be VERY RISKY to provide radio stations with 45s that they would never want to have mistakenly wind up onto their airwaves , which could cause serious FCC repercussions ....funny maybe once ...but not as an ongoing trend.

cheers!
    -------

Also I can't find this "x-rated" version of I KINDA MISS YOU...two contributors to youtube identify the following as this being it :

Am I missing something??
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-08-2020 at 06:01 PM.