[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation Letter from Suprmes [[DMF) on ebay- overpriced?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-19...EAAOSw33Fec9fi

Someone is selling a formally responded letter "signed" by the trio.

Edit: I read the description making my aimless talking unnecessary. Silly me.

What do you think about this listing though? Real or fake?
    Last edited by IMissFlo93; 03-31-2020 at 12:17 PM.

i've seen this letterhead before on other auction items. So i think that's legit. as for the the copy and signatures, i haven't compared them to other autographs but at first glance it seems right

Overpriced regardless of authenticity, at least in my opinion.

The letterhead is legit, I agree. I personally do not feel that the signatures of Diana and Mary are genuine, which is odd since I believe Florence's signature is genuine. Florence had a very unique writing style that is difficult to forge. I have many signed items of the Supremes in my collection from different eras and have collected autographs in general since I was around 12 years old.

The body of the letter would obviously be "written" by Diana. The very elongated capital D's are questionable to me. Diana usually wrote her name in one continuous motion, the D connected to the i. Mary's signature most generally speaking always slants right, especially her large M, so this left leaning signature looks very wrong. Again, my opinion but there is more wrong than right with the letter. I would pass it over at this price, unless it was priced a lot less for the letterhead and the genuine Florence signature.
    Darin

This looks legit to me as well. It very much appears to be Diana's writing. Florence's signature looks authentic as well. Mary's looks a bit different than we are used to seeing, but I have seen a similar early signature from her in the past that is comparable to this. The one I saw was also a deviation from her now standard signature...I might have seen it on a signed publicity photo? I would not be surprised if someone buys this letter at this price. Then again, I don't think this is my first time seeing this letter listed on eBay...

What strikes me odd is Diana and Flo's signatures lean to the right, but Mary's leans to the left. And really isn't in placement with the other two.

I wonder, would Diana have had time to personally respond to a fan? With all the touring and recording? I've never seen any other evidence.

MaryBrewster, keep in mind that this letter was written during their very early years [[likely 1964). This practice did not continue beyond that time, as far as I know. I seem to recall seeing a similarly written letter published elsewhere, possibly in one of Sharon Davis' books.