[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,784

    Country legend kenny rogers dead at 81


  2. #2
    Sad news. His music has brought much joy to many people. One of my favorite videos of him is when he is describing how he got Lionel Richie to write a song for album. The song was LADY, the story was funny, Lionel was in the audience and Kenny asked him to come on stage to sing it with him. You can see the love between the two guys. Country music and R&B music are cousins. Rest in Peace and thank you for the music.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    838
    What a singer !!! His voice had all the elements.

  4. #4
    This hit me more than I had expected. I immediately went to iTunes. His songs and voice are somehow comforting in these troubled times. Rest in peace, Kenny Rogers.

  5. #5
    Farewell Kenny Rogers. It's been a long, great ride and I thank you! R.I.P.

    Marv

  6. #6
    He was fantastic. Rest in power.

  7. #7
    His[gambler]movies were fun,one of the best-r.i.p.

  8. #8
    The news of Kenny Rogers' passing hit me hard as well. I quickly thought of how this would not only affect his immediate family, friends, and fans, but how it would affect his sister in love Dolly Parton. Below is her Twitter statement:

    "You never know how much you love somebody until they are gone. I've had so many wonderful years and wonderful times with my friend Kenny, but above all the music and success I loved him as a wonderful man and a true friend." - Dolly Parton

    https://twitter.com/DollyParton/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

    May the Lord rest Kenny's soul, while comforting the Rogers family at this difficult time.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Sad news. His music has brought much joy to many people. One of my favorite videos of him is when he is describing how he got Lionel Richie to write a song for album. The song was LADY, the story was funny, Lionel was in the audience and Kenny asked him to come on stage to sing it with him. You can see the love between the two guys. Country music and R&B music are cousins. Rest in Peace and thank you for the music.

    Milven, thanks for posting this.��

  10. #10
    RIP Kenny...Job well done...

  11. #11
    I was never very much into country, but I definitely had a couple Kenny Rogers favourites (for me, Through The Years is one of the most beautiful ballads ever written). Rest in Peace, Kenny, your music and legacy will live forever.

  12. #12
    I was never a huge Kenny fan but I do have a boxed set of his. The one song that I remember liking the most was called something like All My Life or maybe All of My Life. I am not even sure it was a single.

  13. #13
    Go onto the net.
    There is a video of celebrity basketball game
    with Kenny Rogers Michael Jordan Larry Bird.

    maybe someone can post the url


    Kenny pump fakes M J in a great sequence
    and hits the shot.

    edafan

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    Go onto the net.
    There is a video of celebrity basketball game
    with Kenny Rogers Michael Jordan Larry Bird.

    maybe someone can post the url


    Kenny pump fakes M J in a great sequence
    and hits the shot.

    edafan
    is this it?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    is this it?

    yes This is it

    edafan

  16. #16
    I loved this song. "What About Me?" -- Kenny with Kim Carnes and James Ingram.


  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I loved this song. "What About Me?" -- Kenny with Kim Carnes and James Ingram.

    One of my favorite Kenny Rogers' songs as well. TFS

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    I was never very much into country, but I definitely had a couple Kenny Rogers favourites (for me, Through The Years is one of the most beautiful ballads ever written). Rest in Peace, Kenny, your music and legacy will live forever.
    "Through the Years" was the song I played to remember Kenny and his impact on my love of music.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I loved this song. "What About Me?" -- Kenny with Kim Carnes and James Ingram.

    I keep this song in my rotation. Love it.

  20. #20
    This the Kenny Rogers I'll remember. With his group, The First Edition:


  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This the Kenny Rogers I'll remember. With his group, The First Edition:

    [video=youtube;2ChPI5pAet8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChPI5pAet8
    hey Marv --- on the radio exactly fifty years ago , 1970:

    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-05-2020 at 04:29 PM.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    hey Marv --- on the radio exactly fifty years ago , 1970:


    Wow! I clearly remember this song and hearing it a lot 50 years ago. I was only in the 4th Grade, but we always loved music.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    838
    I like “Just Dropped In” and “Found A Reason”

  24. #24
    She believes in me and Through the years always moved me. There was also a great Barry Gibb written and produced track in the early 80's. Was it called Eyes that see in the dark? Great track whatever it was called.

  25. #25
    The only thing I didn't like about Kenny was his plastic surgeon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.