[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There's very little in my life that I would change. If I could go back in time, I'd take more pictures and keep a journal of my best days because I'm 57 now and there are friends that I've lost and memories of great times that are vague when I wish I could remember every second. I probably would go nuts with an photographic memory, but I might take the craziness if I could just laugh like I laughed in my youth. I'm so glad to be alive.

By the way, when I said that I find you fascinating, it was more for your personality and warmth than your experiences. None of us is exactly who we appear to be online, but you strike me as a genuinely good guy. Please don't feel compelled to reply to that. But I learned great lessons from my elders [[whom I also miss greatly BTW) and your stories of your journey remind me of the times I spent with them as well. Some of the most impactful words of my lives were those shared by my grandmother and her sisters [[and others) when they sat me at their feet and taught me about their lives. They shaped how I see the world and I hope I'll have that impact on those who look up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    There's very little in my life that I would change. If I could go back in time, I'd take more pictures and keep a journal of my best days because I'm 57 now and there are friends that I've lost and memories of great times that are vague when I wish I could remember every second. I probably would go nuts with an photographic memory, but I might take the craziness if I could just laugh like I laughed in my youth. I'm so glad to be alive.

By the way, when I said that I find you fascinating, it was more for your personality and warmth than your experiences. None of us is exactly who we appear to be online, but you strike me as a genuinely good guy. Please don't feel compelled to reply to that. But I learned great lessons from my elders [[whom I also miss greatly BTW) and your stories of your journey remind me of the times I spent with them as well. Some of the most impactful words of my lives were those shared by my grandmother and her sisters [[and others) when they sat me at their feet and taught me about their lives. They shaped how I see the world and I hope I'll have that impact on those who look up to me.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  21.1 KB
    So am I. That's why I hope I don't catch The Covid-19 Virus. I hope for all our sakes, the anti-virus serum that's being worked on can be mass produced fast enough to be given to everyone in affected countries as soon as possible, and all the hospitals can get a LOT more ventilators, because there aren't even remotely enough for everyone who will need one. I read this morning, that in some areas of Italy, doctors have been told to not allow ANY people over 60 years old to be placed on a ventilator, regardless of the severity of their symptoms, and to reserve them only for younger people, as there are not nearly enough for all who need them. Wow! I'm glad I didn't get stuck in Italy! I am stuck in L.A. I had planned to leave here last week, to return to Europe. But, at 75 years old, I didn't dare sit on airplanes for 13 hours, and in an airport waiting room, with hundreds of possibly infected people nearby. Now there's an international travel ban. But I'm in self-quarantine, staying in the house, and seeing only my sister and brother-in-law [[who are also semi-retired, and can work from home). We have food delivered. Epidemiogist have estimated that fully half of California's population will contract the virus, and we are currently woefully short of ventilator machines in our hospitals [[pretty much true all over USA, unless the spread of the virus can be stopped or drastically slowed down soon. Maybe US scientific ingenuity can work a miracle like they did when John Kennedy gave them 10 years to get to The Moon. Then, at the same time, The Federal, State, and local governments will have to become more efficient during this crisis. I wouldn't feel "cheated" if I had to bow out of this World after 75 years, but I'd much rather stick around if I can. Best of luck to us all!
    Last edited by robb_k; 03-24-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  21.1 KB
    So am I. That's why I hope I don't catch The Covid-19 Virus. I hope for all our sakes, the anti-virus serum that's being worked on can be mass produced fast enough to be given to everyone in affected countries as soon as possible, and all the hospitals can get a LOT more ventilators, because there aren't even remotely enough for everyone who will need one. I read this morning, that in some areas of Italy, doctors have been told to not allow ANY people over 60 years old to be placed on a ventilator, regardless of the severity of their symptoms, and to reserve them only for younger people, as there are not nearly enough for all who need them. Wow! I'm glad I didn't get stuck in Italy! I am stuck in L.A. I had planned to leave here last week, to return to Europe.
    Hang in there. I have enough food supplies to last for about 10 days, including protein. Fortunately, I'm retired so with church closed and no job, I have no reason to leave other than to visit my parents. Our governor has been very proactive and so far, our numbers for contraction and death are lower than other states. Unfortunately, the states around mine [[Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania) are less aggressive so the virus is still going to find its way here via them. Now, we have a nut job in chief who is saying that he's going to recommend all isolation be stopped in two weeks and that's going to make it balloon. I hope everybody on SDF takes it seriously and takes care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post

You and Robb are truly fonts of wisdom! And not just musically either! Well put, Jer. I agree totally, sir. I'll be 57 in December.