Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  21.1 KB
I think we've now moved up a notch in the % of white collar workers that will be working at home for a major portion of their workweek, and also a big % of people will now do a major % of their shopping from home. There'll be no turning back in these areas until "Western Civilisation" crashes and burns [[which may not be all that far away).

Public School is now having an experiment in online schooling, which is coming earlier than it would otherwise have. However, after this emergency blows over, I think it will
become a bigger and bigger part of public and, possibly private school teaching.
I agree with all of this. Personally, I think people will grow used to having groceries delivered at home, especially in the increasing number of cities that promise two hour delivery times. When I pursued my masters degree about ten years ago, I had the option of attending classes or taking on-line courses. I love people, so I drove to school three times a week. But I think we're going to see the further erosion of social engagement, where you can make friends with people from around the world but have no idea what your next door neighbor looks like.