[REMOVE ADS]

Classic O'Jays! The Richard Pryor Show!!!

Every now and then I come across something so good, so special that I just have to share it! I came across this great video clip that I had not seen again since the night it originally aired back in October, 1977. The O'Jay's performing their then current release "Work On Me" on the "Richard Pryor Show" [[NBC). You will score points if you can name the veteran Actress in the skit. [[hint: "Imitation of Life"). Check it out and enjoy!

I have this on DVD! I remember when it aired and I was glued to the tv set.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I have this on DVD! I remember when it aired and I was glued to the tv set.

Stephanie, it is on DVD? I want it! Where did you get it and what is it called?

Marv

pshark Guest
    I just watched IMITATION OF LIFE, great movie.
    Wow Marv you didn't that they put out the Richard Pryor Show on dvd? Click on the image

Quote Originally Posted by pshark View Post
    I just watched IMITATION OF LIFE, great movie.
    Wow Marv you didn't that they put out the Richard Pryor Show on dvd? Click on the image
    I did not know! You are the BEST Pshark!!!!

Thanks Marv

I believe the actress is the great[jaunita moore].

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    I believe the actress is the great[jaunita moore].
    Yes, that's who it is. One of the kids singing on the corner is Eric Laneuville from "Room 222" remember?
    Last edited by marv2; 03-21-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    yes, that who it is. One of the kids singing on the corner is eric laneuville from "room 222" remember?
    oh yes,eric was very talented as an actor and director,he also appeared in[st else where]where is he today? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    oh yes,eric was very talented as an actor and director,he also appeared in[st else where]where is he today? Does anyone know?
    He is still living [[Thank God!) and he is a successful Director. He's directed on shows such as "Ghost Whisperer", "Lost" and served as producer of programs/movies such as "Bull [[Executive producer),413 Hope St.[[executive producer)Midnight Caller [[producer)A Brand New Life [[supervising producer)

Thanks marv,that's great news.

Why did all these great Comedy/Variety Shows fall by the wayside? I'd much rather have these shows that the current "reality TV" crap shows we must suffer through at the present time. I don't need "American Idol" either. I'd much rather watch professional singers and musicians when I'm finish working LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    why did all these great comedy/variety shows fall by the wayside? I'd much rather have these shows that the current "reality tv" crap shows we must suffer through at the present time. I don't need "american idol" either. I'd much rather watch professional singers and musicians when i'm finish working lol!
    i'm right there with you marv..right there with you.