[REMOVE ADS]

Dennis Coffey Is Coming To Chicago June 9th

On Thursday June 9th at 9pm, Dennis Coffey & Friends will be performing at Lincoln Hall.

Tickets are on sale now at http://lincolnhallchicago.com
    [[go to the month of June on the home page,and scroll down until you see June 9th /Dennis Coffey & Friends info)

Looking forward to seeing show !

Enjoy the show, GeeTee.

Thanks Ralph ! Really looking forward to seeing Dennis and the band !

Me too, got my tickets at 12:01....lol.......

Looks like we're going to be the only members of the forum attending this concert. [[lol)
    Nonetheless, we're going to have a great time !

June 9 looks good from here. Great to finally get this guy in ChiTown. Hey Dennis, can you stick around for the jam at Andy's and Legends?

Well it's about time you responded ! [[lol !)

News travels slower out here in the West.

Dennis Coffey Reply

Hello everyone. Here are some updates on what I have been doing. A few weeks ago, I played at SXSW with my new band. Last week, I was in London and Paris promoting the worldwide release of my new album/CD on Strut Records entitled Dennis Coffey. Please check out my website www.denniscoffeysite.com and my fan page on Facebook. I will touring the US, Canada and Europe this year. I hope to see some of you there. I love this site because everyone here are very knowledgeable and passionate about music.

Dennis Coffey

Dennis,
    Best of luck with the tour and the new album.

I believe his Cleveland appearance is the night before at the Beachland Ballroom...I will probably be there with my brother.

Best,

Mark

I'm looking forward to see Dennis Coffey tonight. Hopefully, there will be a meet and greet afterwards.

GeeTee,
    Please say hello to Dennis for me if you get a chance.

Dennis Coffey Live in Chicago !!!!!

Just got in from the concert and I'm tired as hell. The Chicago Mafia and a few new recruits ventured forth into the cold damp night to witness a master at work. There are not enough adjectives to describe what I experienced tonight.

No , I don't have a set list, truthfully I didn't know as many of the songs as my friend GT, but I know when I see genius. Dennis and his band rocked the house and of course I fell head over heels for his female vocalist, whose name I simply can't remember but she was really very pretty in an Elfin LOTR sort of way. He played and played and played some more.

After Scorpio, he left the stage and the crowd insisted upon his return.....he played Cloud Nine. It was a wrap. For some strange reason this new club had a very distinct Detroit vibe.

Afterward I spoke with his vocalist [[ name dropped SDF)and she had Dennis come back out and he talked with folks, signed autographs and thanked his fans, which I thought was way cool, but most just thanked him for doing the thing he does with that guitar.

Ralph I delievered your message and now I'm going to go to bed. It was a great night folks....see this man.

Kdubya
    a/k/a
    Paladin

Ps: Ralph you know how we do...this post is rated PG....but you know better don't you ?

Ooops almost forgot, our bartender who looked Italian, but was actually "German" had a name none of us could pronounce.......but the part of his name that we could was "Dirk" and he found an old bottle of Hennessy.........yes sir Momma there goes that man ! [[ my apologies to Mark Jackson) .......

We had a great time last night. As I try to remember what sons were played, I knew I was blown away when Dennis and the band played "The Theme to Black Belt Jones." I was not expecting to his this,but when I did, a huge smile came on my face.

The vocalist in Dennis band, I only remember her first name as Kendra. She did a great job singing "Don't Knock My Love" "I Betcha", "All Your Goodies Are Gone", and later came back to sing "Easin' In".

The band was great,and as a encore, Dennis came back to perform "Cloud Nine" and Ball of Confusion."

We met briefly with Dennis, introduced ourselves and he was happy to sign autographs.

It was a great night,and I'm glad we had the opportunity to see Dennis in Chicago.

Lincoln Hall is a nice venue,and if any other acts will come to perform there,I'm sure the SDF posse will be there.

Thanks again Dennis,for bringing the funky grooves to Chicago !

Glad to see things went well with the concert. Dennis never disappoints. Also glad the Chicago Mob was well represented. Yeah, Kdub, I speak Chicagoese quite well.

Dont wear him out lads, Dennis is in London shortly

I saw that on the other thread, hope you get to see him, he is simply fantastic........

@Ralph, yes my friend, you speak Chicaga'ese fluently.......

I wanted to add that the band backing up Dennis were The Dirtbombs,and the vocalist is Kendra Morris.

I wanted to add that the band backing up Dennis were The Dirtbombs,and the vocalist is Kendra Morris.
    Yeah right, I knew that but couldn't remember....Kendra....must have been a "K" thing.....

My brother Mike and I saw Dennis on the 8th here in Cleveland [[Beachland Ballroom) and thought it was a FANTASTIC show! Mike got a number of pics of Dennis and his vocalist Kendra [[he was really taken with her, as was I)...great to hear old school funk done live, especially "Scorpio"...if Dennis comes to your town, you gotta check him out!

Best,

Mark

Hey guys, thanks for the loan of Dennis

Dennis is appearing in London...on Jun 27 at XOYO.....no doubt like Dennis, I'd never heard of the place until this morning, and now I discover it's only a short walk away.

With Alice Russell and Mayer Hawthorne.

Got my ticket...£16 and that's all it cost.

Looking forward to seeing Dennis again.

Have fun,and enjoy the show !

Thanks GeeTee

Hello everyone who came to my shows. I enjoyed meeting you. The singer is Kendra Morris from NYC. My touring band is Will Sessions from Detroit. I am glad you enjoyed the show.

Dennis Coffey

Dennis, it was a real treat to watch you work your magic. The band was smokin' and so were the tunes.
    The lighting in Lincoln Hall wasn't the best and since we were not allowed to use a flash most of the shots were.....
    well, let's just call them psychedelic.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

See? Psychedelic
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Great pics. I am thrilled for Dennis' career and I know he is going to tear things up.

Just don't wear him out for his trip to my part of the world in London in a few weeks time.

Can't wait.......I'm really excited

Uh Chi where are the pictures of Kendra ? rotflmao!

I see one tiny one........come on man !

Paladin

PS: thank you Dennis, it was a blast........

My brother took a few pics of Kendra at the Cleveland show...and of course, some of Dennis as well! I'll have to get him to join the Forum to share them.

Best,

Mark

Thanks again Dennis and company. I'll still talking about the show with my friends.

And don't forget UK fans, Dennis performs at 'XOYO' tomorrow evening, 27th June, which is part of his European tour. Details here: http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/eve...l.asp?ID=12115

his web page: http://www.denniscoffeysite.com/

His new album available from 'Strut': http://www.strut-records.com/node/534

Dennis Coffey on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Coffey

Some recent production and guitar work by Dennis on these tracks, [[some available as 45rpm Detroit pressed vinyl) featuring Spyder Turner, Pree, and playing the music: Dennis Coffey, Bob Babbit, Uriel Jones, Spider Webb, Ray Monette, Robert Jones etc, Arranged by David J. Van De Pitte....

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/spyderturner3

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/pree2

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ords=bandtraxs

Last edited by 55Motown; 06-26-2011 at 02:55 AM.

I got my ticket for tomorrow. Looking forward to it too.

Tonight's the night!

I am real excited!

Dennis Coffey interviewed on British radio
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00hjrdm

More details on thread in Motown section............

Listening to it now..thanks Martin

Will Banks [[the DJ raves) about Dennis Coffey, Funk Brothers etc and then plays Barbara Randolph's "I Got A Feeling!

The purist in me wants to scream!

Just got back.....took me 7 minutes to get home....fabulous show......Dennis was on form and his brilliance was second to none. We had one male and 2 female vocalists. The place was packed.

Songs performed - Friendship Train [[Gladys Knight), Cloud 9, Smiling Faces [[Undisputed Truth), It's Your Thing, It's A Shame, Scorpio, I'll Bet You, All Your Goodies are Gone, Whatcha see is What'cha Get [[Dramatics)......and more.

Ears are still ringing...

Thank you Dennis and all the band. It was a great show and a great night out for me.

Hope you enjoyed my home town....London

John Lester

Glad you enjoyed the show........

To be fair, he played about 4 songs featuring Dennis, all quite long.

Slightly amusing part where Mr. Banks says he's going to listen out carefully for the first time to Dennis' electric guitar part on "Band Of Gold", and Dennis replies "That's an electric sitar, Will"

Glad my fave Big City Crew enjoyed the Dennis Coffey Evening.

I remember seeing Dennis a couple of times in Detroit, Summer 05 [[take me back Calgon).... I have better pics of Dennis, but this one pretty much sums up the event. It's Dennis, in the background, rarely taking even the slightest of solos, locking in and grinding for every body else who graced the stage.

[[Will ask someone else to post pic below this post....the manage attachments feature on this site sux eggs.....few things piss me off like new tech that's worse than the old)

And the latest issue of WaxPoetics [[47) featuring EWF and Ramsey Lewis, one the best issues I've read in years, closes out with Dennis giving feedback on 10 Records "He put Wheels On".

and PS....Chi D,

I just took another look at your pics.....

As Charles wld say......"Juice must be rolling over in his grave....."

here you go

dam....u fast 2.

Photobucket dude...it's the only way to travel!