https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/brian-mccollum/2020/02/25/temptations-aint-too-proud-to-beg-detroit-preview/4860025002/

I was fortunate enough to attend this event last night courtesy of the Motown Museum. It was my first time being at the Roostertail and a wonderful evening was had by all. We had a table right up by the stage. I wish Otis could have done a longer Q&A session as I know he has so much to share, but I was grateful for the time we did have with him. The young man portraying David Ruffin does actually resemble him quite a bit. All of the performers from the Broadway group did a fine job.

I had taken an extra copy of The Temptin' Temptations, my favorite Tempts album with the hope Otis was going to stay for the whole event and I would have ample opportunity to ask if he would sign it. He ended up leaving immediately after the Q&A was over, so I rushed out to the car, got the album and waited for Otis to get closer to the door. It was taking him quite a while as so many fans were asking for photos with him, and his entourage was trying to get him to the car. There was a very lovely lady with Otis' group and I said to her I bet it's always difficult to get Otis out of any appearance very quickly. She said it always was. I explained I was at the event courtesy of the Motown Museum and did she think Otis might sign my record for me. She said I think he will. So when Otis finally got to her she told him I was a member of the museum and I asked Otis to sign my record and he said absolutely. I ended up getting the only autograph of the night, and a minute with Otis. I thanked him for his part in the Motown story and for taking the time to sign, shook his hand and he was gone. I'm glad I had the chance to do so, it will be another experience I won't forget. I also went up on the Roostertail stage as the event was winding down and stood there for a minute, thinking of all the talent that had graced the stage all those years ago. For some reason I thought of Tammi Terrell most.

It was a great perk for being a member of the Motown Museum. If you don't already support them, please do!
Darin

Name:  Roostertail.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  27.0 KB

Name:  Otis.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  90.1 KB

Name:  Autograph.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  31.9 KB